TRANSFER JOB OPPORTUNITY
EXAM #: TRCH2219-19-03
*DO NOT FILE APPLICATION ONLINE*
TheDepartment of Children and Family Services,Resource Family Support and Permanency Divisionis seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of Supervising Typist Clerk. The position is located at 532 E. Colorado Ave., Pasadena, CA 91101.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise a total of 10 or more employees;
- Instructing and training employees in the work to be performed and the order in which it is to be completed;
- Maintain a uniform flow of work by determining priority on requests for information and completing rush assignments.
- Arranges work schedules, vacations, holidays and approve time off requests for subordinates;
- Assists the Senior Secretary/Division Chief in the day-to-day operations of the Division.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must currently hold the payroll title of Supervising Typist Clerk.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Dependable and resourceful;
- Ability to prioritize tasks;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Odyssey, CWS/CMS and LRS;
- Flexible and able to demonstrate good judgment;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work well with all levels of staff.
All materials submitted by the employee will be evaluated. The most qualified employees will be contacted for an interview. The interview process will be used to determine the final selection. Before extending an offer to candidates, the offer must first be cleared by the Personnel Section. This notice will remain open until the needs of the service are met.
Individuals interested in transferring should submit a cover letter with EMPLOYEE NUMBER
, resume, copies of their last two performance evaluations, prime variance for the past 12 months and two writing samples. The cover letter and resume should clearly outline how the employee meets the requirements and desirable qualifications. CLEARLY INDICATE ON THE COVER LETTER, THE COMPLETE TITLE OF THE VACANCY EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED IN THE TEXT BOX HEADING ABOVE. REQUESTED MATERIALS SHOULD BE MAILED OREMAILED TO:
Department of Children and Family Services
532 E. Colorado Ave., 7th Floor
Pasadena, CA 91101
Attn: Maryann Abutaha
Tel: (626) 229-3878