The PositionPlease note the final cut-off date is at 5:00 PM on *10/11/19
There is an additional 3.35% Management Differential which is added to the posted salary for this class.
Under direction, plans, organizes and directs the operation of a group of divisions and smaller organizational units within the Department of General Services. Watch to Explore your career with purpose Examples of Knowledge and AbilitiesKnowledge of
- Principles of public administration, organization, and management
- Policies and procedures
- Personnel management practices, including supervision, selection, training and discipline
- Methods and procedures involved in conducting analytical studies of administrative and management practices, methods and procedures
- Methods and procedures of fiscal management, including inter-service funds and enterprise funds, work authorizations and debt service
- Principles of management and enforcement of conditions of a variety of contracts
- Organization and functional structure of the County
- Process and procedures of County budget preparation, review and control
Employment QualificationsMinimum Qualifications
- Coordinate, plan, organize and direct the work of others in a diverse organization of multiple divisions having unique areas of responsibility and financed through differing budgetary funding methodologies
- Analyze, prepare and/or supervise the preparation of budgets and budget requests
- Analyze legislation
- Interpret and/or develop regulations, rules, specifications, policies and laws
- Supervise and evaluate the work of others
- Establish and maintain working relationships with other managers and staff, including other agencies, and departments at the local, State and Federal level, as well as the general public
- Address groups of people
- Prepare comprehensive reports and correspondence
- Communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
Any combination of experience and education or training that is likely to provide the required knowledge and abilities. Typical ways to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:Either:
1. Two years as a division chief in the Department of General Services;Or:
2. Four years of administrative or management experience including responsibility for planning, organizing and directing varied types of programs. At least two years of the required experience must have involved budgeting and rate setting activities associated with a Proprietary Fund, such as an inter-services fund or an enterprise fund.Note:
If the word "experience" is referenced in the minimum qualifications, it means full-time paid experience unless the minimum qualification states that volunteer experience is acceptable. Part-time paid experience may be accumulated and pro-rated to meet the total experience requirements.Probationary Period
The probationary period for this classification is twelve(12)
months.Application and Testing InformationAPPLICATION
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM
on the posted cut-off date. Click here to apply.County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay ServiceEmail
EmployOffice@Saccounty.net Inter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667
- Employment applications and all documentation requested in this announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Your application should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position as of the cut-off date.
- Application information must be current, concise and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply for this recruitment once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A resume may be included with your application, however it will not substitute for the information requested on the application.
Applicants are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The Supplemental Questionnaire is located in the tab marked "Supplemental Questions". Please be descriptive in your response.Note:
Responses of "See Resume" or "See Application", or copy and paste of work experience are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
FORMULA RATE EXAMINATION (Weighted 100%)
- Supplemental Questionnaires must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date. Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- The supplemental questions are designed to elicit specific information regarding a candidate's experience, education, and training. Responses should be consistent with the information on your application and are subject to verification.
- Please provide place of employment, pertinent dates, and concise, descriptive and detailed information for each question.
- If a job included responsibilities applicable to several questions, separate the different functions of the job to answer all the questions completely.
- Resumes or referral to the application or other questionnaire responses will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question.
- If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
- For many individuals, it is more efficient to develop responses to the supplemental questions in a word processing document and then paste them into the final document to be submitted. Changes or corrections to your Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- If the Supplemental Questionnaire is used in the Formula Rate exam, failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score. While scoring the Supplemental Questionnaire, the candidate's application and/or attachments will not be reviewed , therefore, a candidate's responses to the questions should be accurate, thorough, detailed, and complete.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications by the cut-off date will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination.
This examination will evaluate the relevance, level, recency, progression and quality of candidate's education, training and experience. The candidate's application or other materials will not be included in this examination. Therefore, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough, detailed and complete. The score from the Formula Rate Examination will determine the ranking on the eligible/employment list for this job.
All candidates competing in the testing process will receive written notice of their examination results by email. Notices can also be accessed in their governmentjobs.com inbox. Applicants achieving a passing score will be placed on the eligible list in rank order. The rank is determined by the test score attained from the examination.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For information regarding County jobs:
Closing Date/Time: 10/11/2019 5:00 PM Pacific