OVERVIEWIf you have a desire to make a difference in your community and you want to love where you work...an exciting new career in our Parks Department is waiting for you!Our ideal candidatewill have aproven background in marketing and outreach,writing and managing grants,andsupervising staff. They will beresults driven and have the ability to build strong community relations anda strong team to serve the community
An employee in this classification is responsible for creating a strategic plan to market the facilities and events at the Kitsap County Parks Department, concentrating efforts on the County Fairground and Events Center. The individual will supervise, manage, coordinate and develop policies around contracting, grant, permitting, events management and facilities maintenance. The individual will be responsible for project/event management. Will supervise staff and/or contracted service providers. The individual will be a member of the leadership team and will coordinate with the leadership team on a department policy, budget, staff and operational issues.QUALIFICATIONS FOR PERFORMANCE OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors Degree in Parks & Recreation, Leisure Services, Marketing, Communications or related field; and
- Four years of experience in creating strategic special eventmarketing plans andoutreach, facility management, hospitality, community outreach, writing and managing grants, and contract administration; and
- One year of supervisory experience.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the applicant with the desired knowledge, skills and ability required to perform the work.
- Experience working with coordinating events and facility rentals.
- Sales and outreach of facility rentals.
Criminal Conviction Standards:
- The successful incumbent must meet the driving requirements of this position and submit a copy a current driving record/abstract (from state of residency) to review for eligibility to drive for Kitsap County prior to employment.The successful incumbent must obtain a valid Washington State Driver's License prior to hire and maintain a satisfactory driving record as outlined in the Kitsap County Vehicle Use Policy. This position is categorized as:
- Category 1 Driver: operates County-owned vehicle, and
- Category 2: Drivermayoperate a personal vehicle as an essential function for official County business. Any employee using a personal vehicle on official County business shall be required to maintain auto liability insurance, in addition to having a valid driver's license.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- The successful incumbent will or may have unsupervised access to children under 18 years of age, a vulnerable adult, or a vulnerable person, or access to a secured/confidential facility or computer system(s). As a result, Kitsap County will be conducting an extensive criminal background check by law enforcement agencies, which may include fingerprinting.
- Please review the following list of disqualifying crimes and negative actions to determine if you meet our standard for this position: https://www.dshs.wa.gov/sites/default/files/FSA/bccu/documents/Secretary%27sCrimesListforALLPrograms.pdf
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Kitsap County provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- The duties in this position are performed in an office setting and in the field, and may be required to lift at least 20 pounds.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:Marketing and Outreach
- Coordinate major marketing and communications campaigns in an effort to recruit, plan, organize, schedule, coordinate and increase revenue for the parks department through usage of the fairgrounds and event center.
- Create themes and concepts for public information projects; evaluate effectiveness of programs and activities.
- Develop program goals and objectives for recruiting efforts.
- Analyze, monitor and measure outcomes of the marketing and recruiting efforts.
- Conduct customer surveys and market trend analysis.
- Identifying organizational and community needs and goals by gathering and analyzing data, using expertise in communications, education, social marketing, and/or behavior change to independently develop and implement programs that support achievement of department revenue goals and objectives.
- Coordinate with the communication staff to develop deliverables for the marketing campaigns (brochures, social media, adverting, etc.)
- Responsible for responding to and investigating inquiries and complaints and finding a resolution.
Supervision and Coordination:
- Research and development of grant applications, budgeting, policy, planning, data collection, analysis and reporting in area of assignment/program.
- Procure bids and develop contracts for consultative services.
- Prepares specifications, cost and quantity estimates, bid documents, requests for proposals, contracts, and scopes of work to manage relevant contracts.
- Oversee the contracts and permitting process for parks facilities rentals.
- Analyze data and prepare related statistical and/or narrative reports to ensure compliance with permit requirements and laws.
- Work with fiscal staff to analyze effectiveness of fee structure.
OTHER POSITION RELATED INFORMATION
- Coach, develop, assign, review and approve the work of subordinate staff; investigate issues involving subordinates and recommend resolution; recommend hiring, promotional and disciplinary actions; approve leave requests and overtime; provide adequate coverage during staff absences.
- Coordinate activities of events and maintenance staff and schedules, determine methods for expediting workflow and coordinating events.
- Works with staff to provide high quality customer experience.
- Develop analytical reports for monitoring and reporting work load. Coordinate facility set up for events and activities.
- Who May Apply: This position is open to the general public. Applications will be screened for qualifications and completion of all the required materials and forms. The most competitive applicants may be contacted for further steps in the selection process, which may include testing for office and computer skills.
- This position is classified as exempt from overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- This position is non-represented and covered under the Kitsap County Personnel Manual. Internal applicants should be aware that a change in union status or bargaining unit may impact your benefits and accruals. Please contact Human Resources if you have questions.
- Kitsap County is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact our Human Resources Office.
- This recruitment is being used to fill an existing open position, and may be used to fill future openings for up to six (6) months.
- Work hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.Flexible hours are available, as approved by management.