DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
EXAM NUMBER: Y5357TOPEN COMPETITIVE JOB OPPORTUNITY
ORIGINAL POSTING DATE: 1/1/2011 REBULLETIN INFORMATION: THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS A REBULLETIN TO UPDATE THE EXAMINATION CONTENT INFORMATION REGARDING NOTIFICATION OF EXAM RESULTS. PERSONS WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED NEED NOT REAPPLY, BUT MAY CONTACT THE EXAM ANALYST IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.DEFINITION:
Provides enhanced or improved health care delivery to a specific patient population by evaluating nursing practices, developing methodologies and implementing standards of care, providing consultative services and by assessing and addressing patient and staff educational needs, in one or more clinical specialty areas, under the general direction of a Chief Nursing Officer II or Nursing Director, Administration.
Essential Job Functions
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the total health care of a specific patient population in one or more clinical specialty areas
- Uses the nursing process drawing upon extensive knowledge, experience and research to identify problem situations or issues in patient care
- Analyzes, interprets, advises and consults with staff and other health care professionals to provide high quality, contemporary care
- Provides consultation and guidance to all levels of the nursing staff pertinent to patient care problems within the field of specialty
- Advises the nursing staff in the establishment and maintenance of records of treatments given and the related process of each patient for the purpose of analyzing patterns, synthesizing actions and evaluation patient care plans.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS:
1. A *Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Nursing with emphasis in an area of specialty** listed below.
2. Four years of recent clinical nursing experience, two years of which must have been in the area of specialty**.
**Specialties may include: Critical Care, Gerontology, Pediatrics, Emergency Care, Mental Health, Rehabilitation, Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Wound Management, Nurse Educator, Psychiatry.LICENSE:
A license to practice as a Registered Nurse and a certificate indicating that the person is qualified to use the title of Clinical Nurse Specialist, both issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job related essential functions.PHYSICAL CLASS: II - Light:
Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.
Additional Information SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION:
To compete in this examination, applicants must possess:
- A current active license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing -OR- Have a license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by a State Government Board of Registered Nursing, within the United States of America. PLEASE NOTE: Applicants, who have completed the exam process with a passing score, will not be added to the Eligible Register until they have obtained a license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
- Proof of a *Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Nursing with emphasis in an area of specialty MUST be attached to the application at the time of filing.
*In order to receive credit for any college course work, or any type of college degree, such as Bachelor, or Master degree, or for completion of a certificate program, you must include a legible copy of the official diploma, official transcripts, or official letter from the accredited institution which shows the area of specialization; or official certificates with your application at the time of filing.The required license and/or certificate MUST be current and unrestricted ; a conditional, provisional, probationary or restricted license and/or certificate will NOT be accepted.SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Appointees may be required to work any shift, including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.AVAILABLE SHIFT:
Any shiftEXAMINATION CONTENT:
This examination will consist of a qualifying interview covering training, experience, personal fitness, and general ability to perform the duties of the position.
Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on this examination in order to be placed on the eligible register.
Applicants with disabilities who require special accommodations must provide the Examination Unit with written notification at the time of filing.Notification Letters and other correspondences will be sent electronically to the email address provided on the application. It is important that applicants provide a valid email address. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your email address book and to the list of approved senders to prevent email notifications from being filtered as SPAM/JUNK mail. VACANCY INFORMATION:
The eligible register resulting from this examination will be used to fill vacancies throughout the Department of Health Services as they occur.ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION:
The names of the candidates receiving a passing grade on this examination will be added to the Eligible Register without indication of relative standing in the examination. Successful candidates will remain on the register for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of eligibility.No person may compete in this examination more than once every twelve (12) months. APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION :APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Apply online by clicking the "APPLY" tab for this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made. Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment.
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met. Application filing may be suspended at any time with or without advance notice.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of you application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the REQUIREMENTS. Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed, and salary earned, If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST on the last day of filing will not be accepted. NOTE:
If you are unable to attach documents to your application, you may email the documents to Christina Roy at firstname.lastname@example.org within 15 calendar days of filing online
. Please include the exam number and the exam title.SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER LANGUAGE:
All applicants must enter a valid social security number at the time of filing. Entering anything other than a valid social security number (i.e. 000-00-0000, 111-11-1111, etc.) will result in an automatic rejection of your application.COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.NO SHARING USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their applications online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.ADA COORDINATOR:
(323) 914-7111CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE:
(800) 735-2922DEPARTMENT CONTACT:
Christina Roy, Exam Analyst