ORIGINAL POSTING DATE:
Until the needs of the service are met and is subject to closure without prior notice.EXAM NUMBER:
Y5047RTYPE OF RECRUITMENT
Open Competitive Job OpportunityREBULLETIN INFORMATION:THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS A REBULLETIN TO REMOVE MANPOWER SHORTAGE LANGUAGE. PERSONS WHO HAVE APPLIED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS NEED NOT REAPPLY, BUT MAY SUBMIT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IF THEY WISH. THE INFORMATION MUST CONTAIN THE CORRECT EXAM NUMBER AND NAME. DEFINITION:
Under the supervision of a physician, performs medical examinations, selected diagnostic and therapeutic tasks and other special procedures to assist in the delivery of medical services.
Essential Job Functions
- Takes patient history and documents the chief complaint
- Performs physical examination identifying life threatening situations.
- Formulate a diagnosis from patient history and physical examination.
- Initiates, reviews and revises treatments necessary for the well-being of the patient.
- Orders x-rays, therapeutic diets, physical therapy, respiratory therapy or occupational therapy treatments.
- Recognizes and evaluates situations which call for immediate attention or treatment procedures essential for the life of the patients.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding matters pertaining to their physical and mental health.
- Administers or provides medications or issues or transmits a drug order necessary in the care of the patient.
- Performs specialized procedures as delegated by the supervising physician.
- Transmits, orally or in writing, drug orders for the medical management of patients.
- Maintains and signs medical records pertaining to treatments and examinations administered.
- Confers with the supervising physician on cases agreed upon in the delegation contract.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS:
A valid license to practice as a Physician Assistant issued by the Physician Assistant Committee of the Medical Board of California* -AND
- a current Basic Life Support Certificate* issued by an approved provider.LICENSE:
A valid License to practice as a Physician Assistant issued by the Physician Assistant Committee of the Medical Board of California.PHYSICAL CLASS III:Moderate:
Includes standing or walking most of the time, with bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching; includes working on irregular surfaces, occasionally lifting objects weighting over 25 pounds, and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds.SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION:
include a legible photocopy of the certificate to practice as a Physician Assistant issued by The Medical Board of California AND
Current Basic Life Support Certificate issued by an approved provider to the application at the time of filing or fax it to (323) 869-0942 within 15 calendar days from filing online.The required license and/or certificates MUST be current and unrestricted ; conditional, provisional, probationary or restricted license and/or certificates will NOT be accepted.
In order to receive credit for any college work, or any type of college degree, or for completion of a certificate program, you must
include a legible copy of the official diploma, official transcripts, or official letter from the accredited institution which shows the area of specialization; or official certificates with your application at the time of filing or fax it to (323) 869-0942 within 15 calendar days from filing online.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Public Health Science, Biology, Human Anatomy, Physiology or a closely related field.
- Master's Degree from accredited college or university in Public Health Science, Biology, Human Anatomy, Physiology or a closely related field.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT:
This examination will consist of an evaluation of education and experience based upon application information and desirable qualifications weighted 100%.Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on the examination in order to be placed on the eligible register.ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION:
Applications will be processed on an "as-received"
basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
The names of candidates receiving a passing grade on the examination will be added to the Eligible Register and will appear in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of eligibility. No person may compete in this examination more than once every twelve (12) months.VACANCY INFORMATION:
The resulting eligible register from this examination will be used to fill vacancies throughout the Department of Health Services as they occur.SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Appointees may be required to work any shift, including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.AVAILABLE SHIFT:
AnyAPPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION:APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATION SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Apply online by clicking on the "Apply" tab for this posting. You can also track the status of your application using the website.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made. Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment.
from the Class Specification and Selection Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT
be sufficient to demonstrate that you meet the requirements. Doing so may result in an INCOMPLETE APPLICATION
and you may be DISQUALIFIED
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met. Application filing may be suspended at any time with or without advance notice.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the requirements. Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week and description of work performed. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST, on the last day of filing will not be accepted.NOTE:
If you are unable to attach required documents, you must fax them to (323) 869-0942
or e-mail the documents to the exam analyst within 15 calendar days of filing online
. Please include the exam number and the exam title.SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number.COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their applications online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record. DEPARTMENT CONTACT
Meri Snkhchyan, Exam Analyst
email@example.comADA COORDINATOR PHONE:
(323) 869-7124CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE: