The PositionThis is a continuous filing exam, 28155-D. The next filing cut-offs are at 5:00 pm on: 6/22/20, 8/24/20, 10/26/20Note: Vacancies may bepermanent or intermittent on-call. Shift differentialmay beavailable in addition to base salary. PM(swing) shift - 7.5%. Noc (grave) - 10%.
Performs a wide variety of duties to assist professional staff in coordinating and providing mental health services for mentally or emotionally disabled persons, in addition to providing services within the scope of the license possessed. Watch to Explore your career with purpose Examples of Knowledge and AbilitiesKnowledge Of
- Basic social and psychological needs, problems, attitudes and behavior patterns, of mentally and emotionally disabled persons.
- Community and governmental services and resources available.
- Methods and techniques of interviewing.
- Basic principles of counseling.
- Basic psychotropic drugs, and their usage.
- Basic terminology of psychiatric social work.
- Gross anatomy.
- Basic medical terminology.
Employment QualificationsMinimum Qualifications
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with mentally and socially disabled persons and their families, and with professional, paraprofessional and support staff in the department, in outside agencies, and with the general public.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments.
- Recognize changes in patient's condition or behavior.
- Work effectively as a member of a mental health treatment team.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Follow prescribed procedures.
- React effectively in crisis situations.
- Work effectively in stressful, emotional and confrontational situations requiring good judgment, self-control, and persuading and motivating people.
- Obtain and maintain accurate case information.
- Use community resources to assist clients.
- Read, write, and speak English at a level necessary for satisfactory job performance.
Possession of a valid license from the State of California to practice as a:Either
The word "experience" referenced in the minimum qualifications means full-time paid experience unless the job announcement states that volunteer experience is acceptable. Part-time paid experience may be accumulated and pro-rated to meet the total experience requirements.Note:
If the minimum qualifications include an educational or certificate/license requirement, applicants must submit proof of requirements with the application. Failure to submit proof of requirements may result in disqualification from the examination. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. For guidelines on submitting acceptable proof of educational requirements, please click here or speak to someone in our office before the cut-off date listed in this notice. Typing Certificate requirements can be found by clicking here or by obtaining the requirements from the Employment Services Division office.
License Requirement :
Failure to maintain the required license may be cause for disciplinary action under Civil Service Commission Rules.
Language and Culture Special Skills :
Some positions may require the ability to communicate fluently in a language other than English. When required, these special skills may be used in the performance of typical tasks shown in the "Examples of Duties" in this class specification. In addition, incumbents translate and interpret using standard English and a language other than standard English; and/or act as a consultant to others regarding the needs and problems presented by individuals of different languages and cultural backgrounds.
Hours of Work :
Incumbents must be willing to work irregular hours, holidays and weekends.
Working Conditions :
Incumbents must be willing to work with persons infected with communicable diseases.
Physical Requirements :
Incumbents must be physically able to help lift and carry physically restrained patients. Positions also require repetitive hand movements and fine manipulation.
Special Requirements :
The County may access criminal history information on all candidates who have accepted a conditional offer of appointment for the above job class consistent with the provisions of the Board of Supervisors Resolution No. 82-602, Personnel Policies and Procedure B-5 and applicable federal and state law. The County shall not consider for employment any candidate who has been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor that relates to or impacts the candidate's ability to perform the job duties of this class unless it is determined that mitigating circumstances exist. For purposes of accessing criminal history information, the candidate will be fingerprinted. A subsequent arrest notification may be obtained.
The County may also conduct a background check on the candidate prior to appointment to a position within this class. The background check may include personal and professional reference checks, credit history check, Social Security Number verification, professional license/registration verification, military service information and driving history. Information obtained in the course of this background check will be considered by the appointing authority in the selection process. In obtaining such information, the County will comply with applicable consent and disclosure practices in the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the California Investigative Consumer Reporting Agencies Act.
Child and Elder Abuse Reporting :
Persons selected for employment must, as a condition of employment, sign a statement agreeing to comply with Section 11166 and 11160 of the California Penal Code relating to child and elder abuse reporting.Probationary Period:
The probationary period for this classification is six (6)
months.Application and Testing InformationAPPLICATION
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM
on the posted cut-off date. Click here to apply.County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay ServiceEmail EmployOffice@Saccounty.net Inter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667
- Employment applications and all documentation requested in this announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Your application should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position as of the cut-off date.
- Application information must be current, concise and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply for this recruitment once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A resume may be included with your application, however it will not substitute for the information requested on the application.
Applicants are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The Supplemental Questionnaire is located in the tab marked "Supplemental Questions". Please be descriptive in your response.Note:
Responses of "See Resume" or "See Application", or copy and paste of work experience are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
FORMULA RATE EXAMINATION (Weighted 100%)
- Supplemental Questionnaires must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date. Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- The supplemental questions are designed to elicit specific information regarding a candidate's experience, education, and training. Responses should be consistent with the information on your application and are subject to verification.
- Please provide place of employment, pertinent dates, and concise, descriptive and detailed information for each question.
- If a job included responsibilities applicable to several questions, separate the different functions of the job to answer all the questions completely.
- Resumes or referral to the application or other questionnaire responses will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question.
- If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
- For many individuals, it is more efficient to develop responses to the supplemental questions in a word processing document and then paste them into the final document to be submitted. Changes or corrections to your Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- If the Supplemental Questionnaire is used in the Formula Rate exam, failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score. While scoring the Supplemental Questionnaire, the candidate's application and/or attachments will not be reviewed , therefore, a candidate's responses to the questions should be accurate, thorough, detailed, and complete.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications by the cut-off date will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination.
This examination will evaluate the relevance, level, recency, progression and quality of candidate's education, training and experience. The candidate's application or other materials will not be included in this examination. Therefore, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough, detailed and complete. The score from the Formula Rate Examination will determine the ranking on the eligible/employment list for this job.
All candidates competing in the testing process will receive written notice of their examination results by email. Notices can also be accessed in their governmentjobs.com inbox. Applicants achieving a passing score will be placed on the eligible list in rank order. The rank is determined by the test score attained from the examination.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For information regarding County jobs:
Closing Date/Time: Continuous