Position Overview Parks and Recreation will continue to hire seasonal staff for summer programming. Applicants should be prepared to interview virtually or by phone, so please make sure that you have provided a current phone number on your application and have also set up voicemail.
The City of Henderson is seeking enthusiastic team players to provide premier public service in our award-winning Parks & Recreation Department.
Under general supervision, serves as a working supervisor in coordinating, scheduling and assisting in the day-to-day provision of recreational programs, services, special events, excursions and activities.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description.
Because Lead Recreation Assistant positions are available in facilities throughout the City of Henderson, work locations and assignments are subject to change based on program needs.Candidates for this position will be subject to post-offer drug testing (NRS 613(1) (d)).MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/ASSESSMENT INFORMATIONDocuments Required at the Time of Application:
- Must be 18 years old at the time of application.
- High School diploma or equivalent at time of hire or promotion.
- One (1) year of experience, preferably working in recreation programs for a municipal or public agency.
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, an American Red Cross Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR certifications within the first three (3) months of employment.
- Incumbents may be required to obtain specific technical certifications.
- Desirable: Experience working in recreation or aquatics programs performing facilities service functions.
- Desirable: Experience working with social services programs for seniors and individuals with disabilities.
- Desirable: Experience setting up, monitoring, and adjusting the functioning of audio/visual equipment used by clients and running sound boards for concerts.
- Desirable: Experience in playing or officiating sports.
- Desirable: Experience in leading hikes, bicycling events, archery, rock climbing and other outdoor activities.
- Desirable: Supervisory experience.
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental QuestionnaireSELECTION PROCESS
You will be contacted by email or phone during the application and hiring process. It is your responsibility to check the email and phone number voicemail you provided on your application.
We can't leave you a message if your voicemail is not set up or is full, so please make sure that you set up, check and clear out your voicemail during the application and hiring process.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book to prevent any emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder.
Employment with the City may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer background investigation, medical/physical examination, and a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.