The Job Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number of highly qualified candidates have been received.This recruitment may close without further notice. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The Department of Public Health (DPH)
is currently recruiting for a MedicalDirector to provide medical consultation and expertise to enhance the Maternal, Child,andAdolescent Health (MCAH) medical activities and health outcomes within the County; and to serve as the Reproductive Health Medical Director forDPH's health centers and clinics; direct and ensure the performance of the MCAH program through assessment, policy development, assurance, and evaluation; and collaborate with the California State Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCH) branch, and the community, regarding MCAH medical and health issues. The MCAHMedical Director will also provide reproductive health services to the Clinic Operations Section for patients seen in the health centers and clinics.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
*Official Job Title:
- Collaborate with DPH managers serving theMCAH populationand with the Health Officer to assess health problems affecting theMCAH population, to facilitate interventions for addressing those problems, and to evaluate the effectiveness of these health interventions.
- Foster the development of partnerships amongst public and private agencies, the health care system, and DPH to address health problems in the MCAH population and to build community and health system capacity addressing health inequities.
- Provide medical consultation to public and private agencies and medical providers to assist with improving quality of medical care and access to medical care for the MCAH population.
- Provide medical expertise designed to improve community health indicators for the MCAH population and their families.
- Perform as a Reproductive Medical Director for DPH's Clinic Operations Section; develop, review, and update reproductive health policies and procedures.
- Provide Reproductive Health consultations to mid-level practitioners (and patients, as needed).
- Perform as a lead for various reproductive health grant requirements to ensure compliance.
- Engage in quality improvement and quality assurance (QI/QA) reproductive health activities including completion of electronic and written reports, chart audits, and other QI/QA activities.
- Provide, maintain, and developexpertise in reproductive health birth control methods; train providers in Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptive (LARC) procedures.
- Provide, maintain, and develop expertise in the management of patients who present with Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs).
Public Health Physician II CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT Travel/Driver License:
Travel throughout the county is required. Employees will be required to make provision for transportation (mileage reimbursement is available). At the time of hire, a valid California Class C driver license and proof of automobile liability insurance must be produced for the individual providing the transportation.Background Investigation:
MCAH Medical Director incumbents must pass a background investigation and verification of employment history and education.Out-of-State Licensed Physicians:
MCAHMedical Director incumbents who possess a physician's license issued by a state other than California must
obtain and maintain the required State of California's physician's license issued by the Medical Board of California prior to hire/employment start date. Contingent job offers may be made to applicants who have provided verification that they have applied for their State of California's physician's license with the Medical Board of California.Board-Eligible Licensed Physicians:
MCAH Medical Director incumbents who do not already possess the required board certification (as described in the minimum requirements) must
obtain and maintain the required board certification prior to hire/employment start date. Contingent job offers may be made to applicants who have provided verification that they have applied for their required board certification with the American Board of Medical Specialties.Minimum Requirements
of the following licensure, certification, and experience requirements:Licensure:
Applicant m ust
possess and maintain a valid physician's license issued by the State of California (Medical Board of California). ( Out-of-State Licensed Physicians -Applications will be accepted from physicians licensed in other states; see Conditions of Employment.) -AND-Certification:
possess and maintain a valid certificate as a specialist approved by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) to be Board-Certified in Family Practice (Medicine), Pediatrics, Preventive Medicine, or Obstetrics/Gynecology. ( Board-Eligible Licensed Physicians: Applications will be accepted from licensed physicians who areABMSBoard-Eligiblefor one of the aforementioned specialties; see Conditions of Employment.) -AND-Experience*:
have one (1) year of full-time equivalent experience, outside of residency, as a licensed physician ina public or private maternal, child,and adolescenthealth program. ( Residency training experience is not
considered qualifying andmust
be clearly separated on the application from licensed physician experience completed after the residency training period. ALL
be clearly detailed and explained on the Work Experience section of your application in order to be evaluated. ) Desired Qualifications
The idealcandidate will possess a Master's degree in Public Health and a valid certificate as a specialist approved by the American Board of Medical Specialists to be Board-Certified in Obstetrics/Gynecology. Public health experience is highly desirable (especially knowledge about federally qualified health centers and serving the underinsured or uninsured).Selection Process
There will be a competitive evaluation
of qualifications based on a review of the application and supplemental questionnaire. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application and/or supplemental questionnaire. The most highly qualified candidates, based on the results of the competitive evaluation, may be referred for a selection interview.
Applications will be accepted continuously and reviewed on a regular basis. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as this recruitment may close at any time.
To ensure timely andsuccessfulsubmission of your onlineapplication, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application. Once your application has been successfullysubmitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application we have not received your application.
If you requiretechnical assistance
, please click HERE to review theGovernmentJobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-FreeApplicant Support line at (855) 524-5627. Please notethat Human Resources is notresponsiblefor any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application. Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process
Closing Date/Time: Continuous