Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Provides direct clinical care of clients, including ordering of lab tests, counseling of patients, developing treatment plans and prescribing medication within the scope of their education and certification of the collaborative agreement with their collaborating physician as assigned at one or more clinical facilities in the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center.
Location and hours are determined based upon clinical needs
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Skills and Experience
- Elicits and screens medical histories, performs physical examinations.
- Requests, interprets and performs laboratory examinations.
- Assesses, identifies and evaluates health problems.
- Prescribes medications as per practice guidelines.
- Provides preventive health screening education to clients, see guidelines and protocols.
- Refers health problems for appropriate follow-up.
- Refers clients to appropriate community and health resources.
- Consults with staff physicians and other APN’s.
- Conducts individual and/or group educational sessions.
- Documents client service in record per policy.
- Assists in preparation of informational materials for dissemination to clients; professionals; and other agencies.
- Participates in orientation of new staff and students.
- Upon request, provide teaching, supervising and/or precepting for students and residents as needed in support of Community Health Center objectives and in accordance with requirements set forth in agreements with educational institutions.
- Provides clinical consultation to other staff members and supervision of staff and students as assigned.
- Collaborative agreement with appropriate physician.
- May assist in orientation and training of new staff.
- Develops and maintains a basic knowledge of services available at the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center (LCHD/CHC).
- Develops and maintains a basic awareness of the Chronic Care Model Processes in order to reduce health disparities within our communities.
- Assist patients in developing self management goals as per established guidelines of Chronic Care Model.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of individual Emergency Preparedness roles.
- Demonstrates adherence to National Patient Safety Goals.
- Participates in quality improvement activities to assess, monitor and improve program services.
- Participates in mandatory in-services and drills, attends staff meetings and other training, including appropriate age specific educational trainings offered on a regular basis for professional development.
- Reports all unusual occurrences that may involve the safety and well being of the clients, patients and/or co-workers, directly to the supervisor and/or Safety Officer.
- Assists and encourages clients/patients in identifying self-management goals.
- Performs duties in a prioritized, organized and orderly manner to maximize clinic efficiency and productivity.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of clinic and work area.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or postmaster certification as an APN
- Appropriate certification by National certifying body as required by state law
- Current Illinois licensure as a Registered Nurse or Advanced Practice License
- Controlled Substance Licensure
- Requires certification from ANA
- Ability to work on weekends, holidays and overtime if necessary
- Ability to maintain and keep records
- Ability to operate computers and knowledge of electronic health records
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.