State agencies interested in participating in the Carl Albert Public Internship Program (CAPIP) select, appoint, and pay eligible applicants. Executive Fellows (graduate) Interns may be employed for up to two years and are eligible for health and retirement benefits. Upon successful completion of an internship in the Undergraduate, Senior Undergraduate, or Executive Fellows Program, a participant who has met all requirements of education and experience shall be eligible for appointment to a position in the classified or unclassified service of the state and shall be deemed as meeting all other statutory requirements. Internship Application Process:
- Before completing the application, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements for the internship category (Undergraduate, Senior Undergraduate, or Executive Fellowship) you are interested in.
- Complete the online application by clicking the Apply Online link.
- Under the Other Tab of the online application, upload ALL supporting documents listed below. Applications with missing documents will not complete processing and internship eligibility status will not be granted.
- Official or unofficial transcript(s),
- Verification of enrollment, i.e. class schedule and
- Resume with work experience; knowledge skills and abilities; educational background; extracurricular activities; honors/awards. After you have submitted the online application and required documents and been verified as meeting all internship criteria, you will receive an eligibility notice.
- Begin applying for listed internship opportunities in the intern category for which you are eligible.
In order to be eligible for appointment to a CAPIP Executive Fellowship, an applicant must have:
- Proof of current enrollment at an accredited college or university,
- Completed an undergraduate degree
- Completed 6 credit hours of graduate level coursework, and
- Achieved a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 or 7.0 on a 12.0 scale in all graduate level coursework
Internship opportunities can be found near the bottom of the State of OK Current Employment Opportunities Page.
Students having received prior
notification of eligble intern status may apply for any of the internships listed in the same internship category (Undergraduate, Senior Undergraduate, Executive Fellow) for which they have been approved.
Students are also encouraged to contact State agencies of interest directly and inquire about other internship opportunities that may not be listed. Conclusion
If you have any questions regarding the CAPIP application process, please contact the CAPIP office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Continuous