The PositionThere is an additional 3.35% Management Differential which is added to the posted salary for this class.
This is a continuous filing exam. Next filing cut-offs are at 5:00 pm on:7/13/20 & 8/12/20(final)
Under general direction, oversees and directs through subordinate managers the countywide activities and function of the Facility Planning and Management Division.
Chief, Division of Facility Planning and Management is a single position management class which has overall responsibility for the planning, administration and operation of the Facility Planning and Management Division within the Department of General Services. The division's responsibilities include county-wide activities and functions related to Capitol Construction Fund, Computer Aided Facility Management system (CAFM), and Master Planning . Watch to explore your career with purpose Examples of Knowledge and AbilitiesKnowledge of
- Principles and practices of public administration, organization and management
- Principles and techniques of personnel management, supervision and leadership: selection, evaluation, training, and performance management including discipline
- Principles of accounting and financial management, including statistical methods
- Principles and procedures of financing methods, budget preparation and control in a governmental setting
- Relationships between local, state and federal governments, public interest groups and private enterprise as they affect the County and the legislative processes of each entity
- Local, state, and Federal laws, regulations, and procedures affecting the financial management activities for which responsible, including accounting guidelines in federal OMB A-87; State Controller's Handbook of Cost Plan Procedures for California Counties; California Government Code regulating the Temporary Courthouse Construction Trust Fund; Criminal Justice Trust Fund; and California Government Code for Public Works and related guidelines
Employment QualificationsMinimum Qualifications Either:
- Organize and direct the work of subordinate management and professional staff
- Perform complex budget analysis, preparation, and monitoring
- Write complex reports in a logical, comprehensive, and concise manner
- Organize, plan and direct facility reinvestment activities
- Analyze and interpret the effect of applicable laws, court decisions, and state regulations on operation of the organization.
- Recognize and be sensitive to political environments and situations
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action, often under pressure;
- Facilitate, coordinate and negotiate between staff, members of different County and non-County departments, and offices.
- Effectively represent the department to other departments and/or agencies, and before public bodies
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including members of the Board of Supervisors, department and agency management, customer department staff, property owners, vendors, co-workers, and supervisors.
Two years of full-time experience in Sacramento County service in the class of Administrative Services Officer III, Senior Administrative Analyst, Energy Manager, Facility Manager, Real Estate Program Manager or Senior Engineer/Architect, that included experience in facility management.Or:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelors Degree or higher in business administration, public administration, accounting, architecture, engineering, finance, economics or fields directly related to the governmental and/or facility management duties of this class.AND
Two years of management experience involving either: facility management, energy management, master planning, capitol improvement programs, real estate including the financial planning and budgetary oversight of program, preparing appraisal reports, negotiating and processing lease agreements.
Substitution: Additional experience in Facility Management may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.Note:
If the word "experience" is referenced in the minimum qualifications, it means full-time paid experience unless the minimum qualification states that volunteer experience is acceptable. Part-time paid experience may be accumulated and pro-rated to meet the total experience requirements.Note:
If the minimum qualifications include an educational or certificate/license requirement, applicants must submit proof of requirements with the application. Failure to submit proof of requirements may result in disqualification from the examination. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. For guidelines on submitting acceptable proof of educational requirements, please click here or speak to someone in our office before the cut-off date listed in this notice.General Qualifications
Licenses, Certificates, Registration Requirements:
Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License is required prior to appointment to this class. Failure to maintain the appropriate California Driver's License may constitute cause for termination from the class in accordance with Civil Service Rule11.4. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to a physical disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Criminal History and Background Checks:
The County may access criminal history information on candidates who have accepted a conditional offer of appointment for this class consistent with the provisions of Board of Supervisors Resolution No. 82-602, Personnel Policies and Procedures B-5, and applicable federal and state laws. The County shall not consider for employment any candidate who has been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor that relates to or impacts the candidate's ability to perform the job duties of this class unless it is determined that mitigating circumstances exist. For purposes of accessing criminal history information, the candidate will be fingerprinted. A subsequent arrest notification may be obtained.
Work evenings and weekends on a periodic basis
Work under severe emotional pressure and after long hours of negotiationsProbationary Period
The probationary period for this classification is six (6)
months.Application and Testing InformationAPPLICATION
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM
on the posted cut-off date. Click here to apply.County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay ServiceEmail
EmployOffice@Saccounty.net Inter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667
- Employment applications and all documentation requested in this announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Your application should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position as of the cut-off date.
- Application information must be current, concise and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply for this recruitment once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A resume may be included with your application, however it will not substitute for the information requested on the application.
Applicants are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The Supplemental Questionnaire is located in the tab marked "Supplemental Questions". Please be descriptive in your response.Note:
Responses of "See Resume" or "See Application", or copy and paste of work experience are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
FORMULA RATE EXAMINATION (Weighted 100%)
- Supplemental Questionnaires must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date. Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- The supplemental questions are designed to elicit specific information regarding a candidate's experience, education, and training. Responses should be consistent with the information on your application and are subject to verification.
- Please provide place of employment, pertinent dates, and concise, descriptive and detailed information for each question.
- If a job included responsibilities applicable to several questions, separate the different functions of the job to answer all the questions completely.
- Resumes or referral to the application or other questionnaire responses will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question.
- If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
- For many individuals, it is more efficient to develop responses to the supplemental questions in a word processing document and then paste them into the final document to be submitted. Changes or corrections to your Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- If the Supplemental Questionnaire is used in the Formula Rate exam, failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score. While scoring the Supplemental Questionnaire, the candidate's application and/or attachments will not be reviewed , therefore, a candidate's responses to the questions should be accurate, thorough, detailed, and complete.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications by the cut-off date will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination.
This examination will evaluate the relevance, level, recency, progression and quality of candidate's education, training and experience. The candidate's application or other materials will not be included in this examination. Therefore, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough, detailed and complete. The score from the Formula Rate Examination will determine the ranking on the eligible/employment list for this job.
All candidates competing in the testing process will receive written notice of their examination results by email. Notices can also be accessed in their governmentjobs.com inbox. Applicants achieving a passing score will be placed on the eligible list in rank order. The rank is determined by the test score attained from the examination.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For information regarding County jobs:
Closing Date/Time: 8/12/2020 5:00 PM Pacific