Charleston County Consolidated 9-1-1 Center is looking for experienced Telecommunicators looking to enhance their customer service skills and serve the Charleston community. Continue making a difference and earn a competitive income and benefits package working in our fast-paced, public safety environment. Our Telecommunicators average $50,000 per year after two years of employment. Come Save Lives With Us! HIRING HOURLY: $17.41 or higher based on experience.
APPLICATION PROCESS & DEADLINE: Submitted applications are reviewed by the hiring department, on a going basis, prior to the APPLICATION DEADLINE OF: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2020 or earlier if filled. Duties and Responsibilities
Charleston County Consolidated 9-1-1 Center Telecommunicators receive and process incoming emergency, non-emergency, and administrative calls and dispatch calls for service to law enforcement, fire agencies and emergency medical services.
Telecommunicators work 12.25 hour day or night shifts. The day shift begins at 5:45 a.m. and ends at 6:00 p.m. and the night shift begins at 5:45 p.m. and ends at 6:00 a.m. Telecommunicators are expected to work nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. Employees are expected to report to work as called upon during emergencies, and be prepared to stay during the duration of the event. Minimum Qualifications
Must have a positive attitude and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate well to a diverse group of people.
- Minimum of 3 years of previous call taking, police , fire or EMS dispatching
- No marijuana use within the last year, no other drug use within the last three years
- Able to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime (Our staff works several hundreds of hours of overtime a year)
- Must be willing to work a 12.25 hour shift either day or night shift, weekends, and holidays
- Our shifts start at 5:45am for day shift and 5:45pm for night shift
- Able to report to work as instructed during emergency situations and be prepared to stay during the duration of the event
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Have a High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Must be a US citizen, permanent resident, or possess an Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
- Must have no felony convictions; misdemeanors will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis
- Complete computer aptitude test and applicant performance assessment
- Pass a background investigation which will include driving record, employment history, employment, education, and training verification, illegal conduct (drug use, etc.), reference check, and polygraph examination.
- Pass a pre-employment physical and psychological evaluation
- Be able to successfully complete Level IV CJIS Security Awareness Training within 6 months of date of hire, and maintain the certification.
Closing Date/Time: 9/25/2020 11:59 PM Eastern