The City of Henderson's Municipal Court is pleased to accept applications for our Municipal Court Marshal position. This is an open continuous recruitment. Testing of applicants will occur on an ongoing basis. The Marshal Service is seeking outstanding law enforcement professionals looking for the opportunity for a fulfilling career in service while maintaining a work life balance. We are seeking applicants who want to contribute talent and commitment while serving the citizens and community of Henderson and ensuring equal justice under the law.This position offers a competitive wage, a comprehensive and affordable benefits package, a four-day work week (current standard schedule is day shift, Monday through Thursday), employer paid Police/Fire PERS, a robust paid time off and holiday benefit, and a monthly uniform allowance.
Under general supervision, performs law enforcement functions associated with the operations of the City of Henderson Municipal Court to include the protection of individuals accessing the Court, building perimeter protection/security, courtroom security/functions, and field services; and performs related duties as required.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description and physical requirements. Minimum Qualifications
Required Documents/Assessment Information HOW TO APPLY:
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent
- One (1) year of experience as a full-time commissioned law enforcement officer, excluding Law Enforcement Academy Training time
- Must possess a current Nevada Peace Officer Standard Training (P.O.S.T.) Category II certificate at the time of application; Nevada P.O.S.T. Category I certificate is preferred
- According to NAC 289.110: A person may not be appointed to perform duties of a peace officer if he or she has: been convicted of a felony in this state or of any offense which would be a felony if committed in this State; been convicted of an offense involving moral turpitude or the unlawful use, sale or possession of a controlled substance; or a documented history of physical violence
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license as defined by NRS 483
- Must pass a nationwide fingerprint-based record check, and a wants/warrants check
- Must complete Security Awareness and National Crime Information Center (NCIC)/Nevada Criminal Justice Information System (NCJIS) certification within six months of hire/transfer and be recertified every two years. Must maintain certifications in NCIC/NCJIS as a condition of continued employment
1) Complete the City of Henderson Employment Application and Supplemental Questions
2) Register and take the Frontline written exam with the National Testing Network (NTN) within 30 days of application submittal. To schedule a exam with NTN click here . REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
A current Nevada POST Category II (or Category I) Certificate - must be scanned and attached to the City of Henderson application. ( Attachment Directions ). ASSESSMENT DATES
:Written Examination (Pass/Fail)
- passing score is 65% in the Human Relations Video, and 70% in the Writing, and 70% Reading sections.
It is the candidate's responsibility to schedule and take the written exam with the National Testing Network (NTN) within 30 days of application submittal. Tests can be take at ANY of the sites offered by NTN.
Note: The Henderson Marshal Service offers full testing services for the position of Marshal through National Testing Network, Inc. Schedule a test at www.nationatestingnetwork.com ,
select Law Enforcement and select the Henderson, Nevada Marshal Service. Examinations must be completed within 30 days of application.
For questions regarding the online examination, please contact NTN directly at 1-855-821-3761.
More information on what to expect can be found at the www.nationaltestingnetwork.com website:
- Completion of the testing application process
- Detailed information about the written testing process
- Opportunity to take online practice tests at www.frontlinetest.com
- Schedule your own convenient test time. Tests are offered multiple times a week including Saturday's at multiple locations in many states.
- Take high quality job simulation tests in a standardized, fair testing environment.
Once test scores are received, the City of Henderson will notify candidates of their status in the recruitment process.
National Testing Network is a service provided to conduct entry level testing in a standardized, professional environment. National Testing Network does not replace the Henderson Marshal Service responsibility and decision making in the testing process. All candidate results are provided to the Department where the final decisions are made. Oral Examination (Weighted 100%) - Dates to be determined IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS
If you are invited to participate in the oral examination process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson on-line application system. Please check your e-mail on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report. Interviews may be held in person or virtually. Selection Process
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation prior to the closing date of this recruitment. IMPORTANT :
Appointment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background investigation, polygraph examination, psychological examination, medical/physical examination, drug and alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job . As part of the background investigation, all claims of education and experience made in the employment application process, as well as other information submitted, will be verified. NOTE:
The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. Some candidates may be disqualified indefinitely due to the results of their background investigation.