At San Mateo Medical Center,
we are always seeking ways to enhance the already impressive services we offer. This dedication to excellence is reflected in the exceptional care we provide and the extraordinary professionals who provide it. Here, you will have the chance to develop your talents with a skilled team of people who actively support and encourage each other's success. If you are ready to open new doors for your career, join us today!
We are currently seeking aRegistered Nurse
(R.N.) with proven Endoscopy
experience for ourRelief Endoscopy Nurse
position. Under the indirect supervision of the Charge Nurse, the successful hirewill implement the nursing process, including the nursing diagnosis. In addition, the R.N. will document nursing activities and intervention plans, as well as medication administered.
Our Endoscopy Suite, with one procedure room in the Short Stay Unit, is dedicated to providing endoscopic procedures on an outpatient and in-patient basis. The Short Stay Unitprovides support for department volumes that exceed 1,300 procedures annually.
Our ideal applicant
will possess the following:
- At least one year of direct, proven endoscopy technical experience.
- Experience working with procedural/conscious sedation.
- Previous Critical Care experience.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardio Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) experience.
The current vacancy is extra-help. Extra-help positions offer temporary employment for 1040 hours which is equivalent to about six months of full-time work, however, employment might end sooner depending on the needs of the hiring departments.
Extra-help assignments are at-will and the employee is paid on an hourly basis. Some extra-help positions are eligible for benefits under the Affordable Care Act. Extra-help workers are not guaranteed permanent status at the end of the extra-help assignment. The eligible listgenerated from this recruitment may be used to fill future extra-help, term, unclassified,and regular classifiedvacancies.
Examples Of Duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish and implement nursing care plans for each patient through assessment, development, activation and evaluation.
- Perform nursing care following prescribed rules, policies, protocol and procedures.
- Identify problems, assist in data gathering, propose solutions and participate in evaluation of quality assurance issues.
- Work with patient and their families to provide in-hospital and after-hospital follow-up through teaching and referral.
- Orient and teach new staff members of the nursing team and students.
- Participate in non-clinical assignments, which may include maintaining records, preparing reports and/or serving on special committees.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Possession of a California license as a Registered Nurse or equivalent.
- Possession and maintenance of BLS certification.
- Possession and maintenance ofACLScertification.
Nurse Practice Act; current nursing and related medical theory and skills necessary to administer nursing care within assigned clinical setting; safety and infection control practices; and clinical systems, supplies and equipment. Skill/Ability to:
Perform nursing procedures required for assigned clinical setting; comply with clinical procedures and policies; maintain professional nurse-patient relationships; work harmoniously with other personnel; follow safety practices; assist in the instruction of other nursing and paraprofessional personnel; maintain accurate records and preparing reports.
If you are interested in being considered for this Relief Nurse extra-help position, the following materials must be electronically submitted in a Word or PDF format. Please put Endoscopy Nurse-Relief in the Subject Line.
- Cover letter
- Responses to these supplemental questions:
1. The current vacancy is Relief. Only applicants interested in a Relief (Extra Help) assignment should apply.
Extra Help positions offer temporary part-time or temporary full-time employment for 1040 hours (which equates to working full-time for approximately six months). However, employment might end sooner depending on the needs of the hiring department. Extra Help positions are paid on an hourly rate basis and do not provide employee benefits. Extra Help workers are not guaranteed permanent status at the end of the Extra Help assignment.I understand the current vacancy is Relief (Extra Help) and I wish to work in a Relief assignment.
(A "No" answer will disqualify you from this recruitment.)
2. Possession of each of the following life support certificates is required to be employed in the Intensive Care Unit: Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).Which of these certificates do you currently possess?
(Please include.) An answer of "None of the Above" will disqualify you from this recruitment.)
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
None of the above
3.Describe your experience, education and background that directly relates to the Endoscopy Staff Nurse position. Be specific.
4.Give one work-related example that best demonstrates your experience with a colonoscopy procedure that involved complications. Be sure to include: A) the details of the situation, B) the complications involved, C) the steps you took throughout the procedure, and D) the outcome. Be specific.
5.Describe your Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) experience. Be sure to include the type of equipment you have used and the endoscopic procedures performed. Be specific.
Please include thewords "Endoscopy Nurse - Relief" in the subject line
of email submission.All submitted materials must be in a Word or PDF format
Please submit the above listed materials via email to:Julie Griffiths, Clinical Services Manager I, Nursingjgriffiths@smcgov.org
and cc: Renee Langit,Charge Nurse, Post Anesthesia /Short Stay Unit,
firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.NOTE: Application materials are only accepted via e-mail.
Materials sent via regular mail and/or fax will not be accepted. Submittals that do not include all required elements (responses to supplemental questions, writing sample, graphic design sample(s) and a resume) will not be considered.At the County of San Mateo, we take pride in the way our employees bring together their diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to serve our community's needs. The County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.