Description The Community Services Board is looking for an outgoing and energetic person to join their team of Training Specialist - Drivers. The incumbent will be responsible for transporting individuals with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities to their jobs, appointments and programs as needed. The preferred candidate will have a valid driver's license with a safe driving history, maintain cleanliness, and be a self-starter. If you are looking for a job that is always changing with plenty of flexibility, the ability to work alongside others to help them meet their goals, and a desire to make a difference then this is the job for you! Hanover County Community Services Board is one of the 40 public behavioral health safety net providers in Virginia. At Hanover County CSB, we partner with individuals to provide services in the areas of mental health, substance use disorders, and developmental disabilities in their efforts to lead satisfying and productive lives in their communities. We are committed to providing high quality, personalized, person-centered services with a focus on continuous quality improvement. General Description :
This is a paraprofessional position. The incumbent performs routine tasks to oversee community integration and/or daily living activities of persons served. Organization :
The Training Specialist position is part of Hanover County's Career Development Program (CD). The Training Specialist Ladder has four levels ranging from Training Specialist I to Senior Training Specialist. Incumbents normally report to a Training Specialist Supervisor and supervise no staff. Essential Functions
- Assists with assessments and the development/implementation of program and service plans.
- Participates in program reviews.
- Supervises persons served, including their self-administration of medicine.
- Develops and maintains files regarding available community resources.
- Depending on assignment,
- Transports persons served.
- Trains persons served in daily living, housekeeping, socialization skills, etc. (not required for this position)
- Maintains contacts with businesses and/or other community providers. (not required for this position)
- Trains persons served in job-related skills. (not specific to this position)
Completes paperwork and files reports as required.Performs related work as assigned. Working Conditions :
- Field - Routine exposure to adverse weather, dust, fumes, odors, noise, vibrations, and repetition
- Location - Site-based programs, community and/or community based businesses
C. Physical Effort
- Travel may be necessary to transport persons served.
- Must be able to physically assist persons served, up to 100 pounds, maneuver
D. Non-Exempt Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Familiarity with programs and services for persons being served. Must be able to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Case management and training skills, required. Must be able to establish effective working relationships with persons served and their families, staff, Board members, and community groups/businesses. Education, Experience and Training:
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and five (5) years related experience; CNA Certification preferred - OR
- Bachelor's degree in a related human services field and one (1) year related experience - OR - Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. Higher levels on the Career Ladder require additional education, experience and training up to a bachelor's degree. Must meet the requirements for Qualified Developmental Disabilities Professional (QDDP) or Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) designation. Special Conditions :
- Criminal Records Check, including fingerprinting
- Valid Commonwealth of Virginia Driver's License
- TB test
- CPS (Child Protective Services) Check
- Twelve-month probationary period
Revision Date :
Closing Date/Time: Continuous