DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Division:
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Business Unit:
HR-OFFENDERS' STORE FUND Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$63,746.64 - $95,672.16 Recruiter:
DARRELL MORLAN Phone:
775 684-0126 Email:
Information Technology (IT) Professionals analyze, develop, implement, maintain, and modify computer operations, systems, networks, databases, applications, and/or information security. Incumbents may perform duties in one or more IT specialization areas depending on the needs of the agency. Incumbents perform advanced journey level duties and may train, supervise, and evaluate the performance of subordinate staff and/or serve as a project leader as assigned. Incumbents may function as a unit leader to include directing the activities of a branch IT support unit, overseeing projects of limited scope, and coordinating activities with other work groups.
Incumbent reviews present and prospective software and/or hardware methodologies in order to keep agency practices current with advancing technology; analyze an resolve implementation design issues in situation of an unusual difficulty or the presence of critical or conflicting requirements; translate user or project requirements characterized by conflicting or critical design parameters into a computer based solution. Incumbent manages application system; perform the most advanced professional work to solve current and anticipated user problems utilizing the full capabilities of an information system; provide training on programming concepts, software functions, database design and analysis/programming techniques in the application environment; manage and ensure methodologies/implementation standards are adhered to without exception; confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems; work cooperatively with State employees and private organizations to facilitate project implementation; and prioritize tasks, estimate time frames, plan and maximized use of available resources.
Position Description (cont.) This position requires the following experience: Experience with SQL and PL/SQL Experience with Oracle Reports development using the Oracle Developer Suite Experience in an integrated development environment (i.e. SQL Developer)
***THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.*** To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-7_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, management information systems, or closely related field and three years of progressively responsible professional IT experience relevant to the duties of the position which may include computer operations, systems administration, network administration, database administration, applications analyst and development, and/or information security, one year of which was at the journey level; OR one year of relevant experience as an IT Professional II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A pre-employment State of Nevada FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and for continued employment.
- Statewide travel is required.
- Applicants must be willing to work standby and carry the standby cellular phone for evening and weekend system troubleshooting.
- This position is subject to working nights, weekends and holidays.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Carson City
Nearest Secondary Market: Reno