Salary: $58,864.00 - $101,254.00 Annually USD
Charleston County's Facilities Department is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, registered Electrical Engineer (Project Manager). The successful candidate will design and manage new construction and renovation projects and investigate and help resolve electrical issues in existing buildings owned by Charleston County. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of design and project management of assigned projects.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $58,864 - $80,059 (estimated Annual Salary - Dependent upon experience)
APPLICATION PROCESS & DEADLINE: Submitted applications are reviewed by the hiring department, on a going basis, prior to the APPLICATION DEADLINE OF: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide oversight on consultant design efforts, perform quality reviews of contract documents, cost estimates, and schedules, make electrical engineering recommendations, and monitor compliance with County requirements
* Manage professional Architectural/Engineering consultant contracts, prepare RFQ's, RFP's, IFB's negotiate fees, coordinate and manage work efforts, liaison between County stakeholders and consultants
* Manage construction contracts, coordinate/review contracts and submittals, interpret contract documents, negotiate/process change orders and RFI's, maintain construction momentum, resolve construction issues, and maintain project records
* Analyze project needs, prepare design calculations, design electrical systems, develop construction bid packages including drawings and specifications, review/approve contractor/vendor submittals, ensure code compliance
* Provide design and construction support to Facilities and County staff, investigate/help resolve electrical issues in existing County buildings
* Oversight of County's Energy Conservation Efforts. Identify energy reduction or conservation opportunities on new construction projects and existing fixture/equipment replacements. Manage energy related projects or provide support on similar projects managed by other staff.
* Advise County staff on emergency and standby generators.
* Advise County staff on electrical safety best practices.
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree, or equivalent
* Registration as a Professional Engineer in South Carolina
* 7 years, minimum, of progressively responsible experience
* Effective oral and written communication skills a must
* Proficiency with MS Office 365 including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project
* Familiarity with AutoCAD, Revit, use of collaborative technology such as SharePoint and submittal exchange.
* Knowledge of regulations, building codes, and local permitting processes
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
* Must be available during County emergencies and serve on the disaster team when required
* A valid SC driver's license is required
* Electrical design experience involving power, lighting and low voltage systems
* Project management experience for single and multi-discipline work
* Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
* Experience with applications involving power and lighting design, arc flash, short circuit analysis and coordination studiesClosing Date/Time: 9/5/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
North Charleston, South Carolina