About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
Denver International Airport (DEN) has several openings for financial analysts in our Finance Department.
Financial Risk Strategy Senior Analyst:
Responsibilities include working with Finance leadership to drive multiple forms of analysis and projects throughout many areas of DEN. Cash flow analysis, cost-benefit projects, capital plan assessment, and financial modeling will all be involved with this position. This role will report to the Manager of Financial Risk Strategy within the Financial Unit of the airport.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform financial, strategic and risk analysis throughout all departments of the airport. Collaborates with various stakeholders to compile all necessary data, trends, and other information in order to conduct a thorough and complete analysis.
- Assess various projects and/or programs within DEN's capital program. Provides additional analysis if needed in order to prioritize projects and offer insights to airport management.
- Conduct financial modeling forecasts for the airport across several areas utilizing economic data, historic trends, and industry specific databases. Forecasts may include passenger and aircraft operations, airport revenues and expenses, as well as benchmarking against other airports.
- Develop and maintain airport cash flow projections, taking numerous factors into consideration. Utilizes the general bond ordinance of DEN as a foundation and ensures the model follows the airport's flow of funds requirements.
- Coordinate closely with DEN's FP&A group on areas including implementing financial policies and procedures, creating and analyzing compelling business cases, meeting timelines, and any financial issues with cross airport impacts
- Organize data, prepares and presents written, oral and visual presentations to or on behalf of the Financial Risk and Analysis section to both financial and non-financial audiences
- Assist with the implementation of DEN's new Enterprise Resource Planning software throughout the Finance and Procurement sections of the airport
- Other duties and analyses as assigned--will work with several diverse stakeholders throughout the airport and also within the City and County of Denver.
Operating and Maintenance Budget Analysts:
In this position you will help design, direct, implement, and maintain the Operations and Maintenance budget for Denver International Airport. This is an important role with our yearly O&M budget totaling around $500 million annually.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Advise on the development and monitoring of the annual operating budget, which will include finding synergies, evaluating budget requests, and producing management reporting.
- Provide customer service and support to assigned divisions and all stakeholders.
- Conduct monthly budget execution analysis and develop an annual execution forecast, which will include large item analysis, computing burn rates, and working with individual sections to validate.
- Validate budget overrun requests, creating financial models, and making recommendations.
- Analyze and perform due diligence on all personnel requests and make recommendations.
- Incorporate continuous improvement principles in operational resource planning, including developing and maintaining policies and procedures manual, refreshing/refining and delivering regular and real-time training, and serving as an operational resource planning subject matter expert for DEN.
- Manage and drive improvements for operational resource planning's information technology support systems.
- Keep abreast of activities and personnel within assigned divisions and inform management of any issues.
- Provide broad-based, strategic perspective to operational resource planning.
We are looking for candidates that are self-starting, financial analysis professional with knowledge of, and interest in managing financial, strategic and risk analysis. Also, candidates that are collaborative with knowledge and experience in budgeting and accounting for large government agencies. In addition, we are looking for candidates with some of the following skills and experience:
- Familiarity with airport management or airline industry
- Master's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math or related field a plus
- Experience using Excel or Workday
- Experience performing analysis of a strategic, financial, or operational nature and formulating approaches to address identified issues
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Experience: Three (3) years of professional level experience researching, analyzing, calculating, and compiling financial data, debt or portfolio administration, or financial statistical analysis.
- Licensures/Certification(s): None
- Equivalency: No substitution of experience for education is permitted. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for experience requirements.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.About Everything Else
CV2032 Financial Analyst Senior
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$66,164.00 - $109,171.00
Based on Education and Experience
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here