Description:Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Speech-Language Pathology College of Education Classification:
Academic Year Faculty - Open RankPriority Screening Date:
Open Until FilledAppointment Date:
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement
, California State University, Monterey Bay
(CSUMB) is a mid-sized comprehensive baccalaureate and masters granting university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives through a focus on student success and engagement through project-based learning, service learning in its regional community, and the promotion of multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond campus. CSUMB is both a Minority Serving Institution (MSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and has a vibrant, diverse student body of over 7,400 students.
The university's Strategic Plan
prioritizes inclusive excellence through recruiting and investing in the development of a diverse body of faculty, staff, and administrators. CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral by 2030. The university's faculty and staff, many of whom live in the East Campus housing development, appreciate living and working so close to the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, CSUMB offers excellent benefits, including access to below-market rate campus housing and competitive salaries for faculty and staff.
The Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology Program at California State University, Monterey Bay is searching for two full time tenure-track/tenured faculty. This newly developed program aims to prepare students to work in culturally and linguistically diverse settings. Applicants with various areas of expertise are encouraged to apply. RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
- Teach graduate courses in the MS-SLP Program
- Mentor graduate students in academic and professional development
- Develop and maintain research, scholarly and creative activities leading to dissemination of knowledge
- Participate in service to the department, college, university, and community
- Strong commitment to developing an innovative curriculum
- Assist with national (CAA) and state (CCTC) accreditation
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Speech-Language Pathology, Communication Sciences and Disorders, or related discipline from an accredited program
- Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 2022
- Hold the certificate of clinical competence (CCC) in speech-language pathology from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) (or eligible) and must obtain CCCs from ASHA within the first year of employment)
- Licensed as a speech-language pathologist in California (or eligible) and must obtain the California license in speech-language pathology within the first year of employment)
- Evidence of teaching wide range of courses at the college level
- Demonstrated potential for research, scholarly and creative activities
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with an ethically and culturally diverse student population
- Open to all areas of expertise
- Evidence of externally funded research
- Preferred areas of expertise may include dysphagia, neuroscience, adult language, motor speech, voice, or fluency
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding health, dental & vision plans; a fee waiver education program; and membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). For more information, visit: CSU Benefits Summary
. Additionally, the University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability; visit Schoonover Employee Housing
for more information. SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT :
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083
as a condition of employment.
The incumbent is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Education's Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California's Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
Working in the State of California is a condition of employment. APPLICATION PROCEDURE :
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application and submit required documents by the priority screening date found at csumb.edu/jobs
. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned. Required Documentation:
- Cover letter addressing the minimum and preferred qualifications
- Statement of teaching philosophy and interests and research agenda (2 pages)
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389. GENERAL INFORMATION :
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://csumb.edu/clery
The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remain our highest priority. While on campus, students, faculty, staff, and the community will be expected to follow all campus safety mandates.
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Interim Policy, all students and employees are required to submit their vaccination status to the Otter Vaccination Registry and are encouraged to be vaccinated.
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER :
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled