Business Solutions Coordinator (Staff Specialist | Limited-Term) SALARY INFORMATION
In addition to performance-based merit increases, this position is scheduled to receive salary range increases on the following dates:
Effective July 1, 2022 - 3.5% increase
Salary may be negotiable within the range listed above, based on position requirements and successful candidate's qualifications, subject to appropriate authorization. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
This recruitment is being held to establish an open eligible list to fill current and future Staff Specialist vacancies within OC Community Resources. The immediate vacancies are for Limited-Term
positions and this list may also be used to fill full-time, part-time, or extra help positions if future vacancies should arise. The eligible list established may also be used to fill similar and/or lower level classifications throughout the County of Orange. DEADLINE TO APPLY
This recruitment will remain open on a continuous basis for a minimum of five (5) business days, until the needs of the County are met. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately, as the deadline to apply for the first round of consideration is Tuesday, October 19, 2021
. Orange County Community Services (OCCS) Workforce & Economic Development Division
The OCCS Workforce & Economic Development Division
serves as the administrative support to the Orange County Workforce Development Board (OCWDB) and is primarily responsible for administering workforce development grants, programs, and activities of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) in Orange County. The WIOA assists individuals who are employed, unemployed and underemployed, to increase their self-sufficiency and/or improve their ability to meet the demands of Orange County businesses and employers. Through WIOA, the OCCS Workforce & Economic Development Division seeks to meet the needs of businesses and employers by offering programs and services that focus on recruiting, training, and retraining valued employees.
OCCS Workforce & Economic Development Division is also responsible for developing the county's Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) and providing business solutions and engagement services. CEDS is a five-year plan for lowering unemployment, reducing poverty, and sustainable growth in our communities through strategic planning for economic development county-wide.
For more information on OC Community Resources click here
For more information on the County of Orange click here
. THE OPPORTUNITY
The Business Solutions Coordinator supports and executes On the Job Training (OJT) activities related to WIOA guidelines, program procedures, mandates, and federal and state laws, ensuring compliance with OJT program policy procedures. This position supports each stage of the OJT process including business outreach, identifying and qualifying employers, and confirming participant eligibility while executing processes and documentation per the OJT policies and requirements.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES
- Create Employer accounts on behalf of businesses in CalJOBS
- Coordinate and support employer hiring events and customized recruitment activities, and support departmental job fairs
- Conduct employer research to prequalify companies, prepare pre-meeting employer packets, and create program documents as needed
- Ensure all OJT documents are completed, obtained, and documented in CalJOBS. Execute employer invoices and reimbursements
- Adhere to OJT policies, procedures, mandates, laws, and regulations to remain in compliance
- Achieve assigned metrics, activity, reporting, and compliance mandates
- Assist in the creation of marketing, advertisements, presentations, and program collateral for Business Solutions offerings, programs and job fairs
- Responsible for OJT and Work Experience (WEX) initiatives in accordance with WIOA
- Identify, create, and maintain a robust pipeline of OJT and WEX employer participants to enable the achievement of grant metrics and goals
- Assist with placement of candidates in appropriate training, employment, OJT, WEX, and Apprenticeship Training programs
- Review Labor Market Information (LMI) and provide LMI to employers as necessary, identify employment trends that affect the job market, and develop job opportunities
- Represent OCCS WEDD for outreach activities including hiring, partner, and training events, trade shows, and at chamber meetings as needed
- Provide support to the Business Solutions Manager
The ideal candidate will have at least three (3) years of experience in sales/marketing as well as providing program support. Work experience with the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is highly desirable.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge and experience in the following core competencies:TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
ORAL & WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- Working in collaboration with OCWDB, One-Stop System Partners or similar to plan workforce development programs, service strategies, and goals for improvement
- Understanding of technical data and software, related terminology and laws, rules and regulations pertaining to workforce programs
- Working in collaboration with WIOA One-Stop System Partners or similar to implement workforce development strategies and objectives
- Demonstrating comprehensive understanding of the CalJOBS system
- Demonstrating experience assisting with Request for Proposal (RFP) processes
- Understanding of contract administration
- Understanding of OJT, WEX, and registered apprenticeship programs
- Reviewing employment trends, and labor market information that affect the job market, identifying and developing job opportunities, and assisting other WFDB staff with placement of candidates in employment
- Conducting client needs analyses to determine employer hiring assistance needs and potential OJT participation
- Working knowledge of recruitment and business-to-business activities
- Performing all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with WIOA, OCWDB, County of Orange policies, programs and guidelines to achieve the overall objectives of the position
- Collaborating with various stakeholders including internal/external clients, and various departments/agencies throughout the organization
- Communicating effectively in person and in writing with County management and staff, contractors, public constituents, and community stakeholders
- Utilizing effective communication skills to define and communicate strategic asset management goals to staff and stakeholders clearly, succinctly, and persuasively
- Actively engaging with employers to conduct employer needs analyses, determine OJT potential, and present Business Solutions offerings
- Presenting OCWDB Business Solutions offerings to small and large groups including businesses, community and educational partners, and associations
- Communicating with regional stakeholders regarding Business Solutions at outreach events
- Ensuring timely, appropriate communication internally and externally
PROBLEM SOLVING | ANALYSIS
- Demonstrating high level of interpersonal skills and integrity to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information
- Working effectively with diverse populations
- Building strong internal and external working relationships to the organization
- Showing interest and understanding the needs, expectations, and circumstances of internal and external customers
- Providing responsive and professional customer service
- Cultivating relationships with the regional business community to identify and access available job opportunities that conform to applicable standards
- Solving problems effectively through strong analytical skills
- Adhering to compliance, laws, and regulations as related to WIOA and other programs
- Overseeing and/or monitoring contract outcomes and expenditures
- Working independently and managing time wisely to effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Preparing clear and concise projects and asset management plans and documents, reports, and other documentation
Please click here
to view the minimum qualifications for Staff Specialist
This assignment may be physically demanding and require walking/standing for long periods of time and lifting/carrying materials to use at events such as job fairs, trade shows, conferences, etc., where the incumbent will be representing the County. RECRUITMENT PROCESS Application Screening
Applications and supplemental responses will be screened for qualifications that are highly desirable and most needed to successfully perform the duties of this job. Only those applicants that meet the qualifications as listed in the job bulletin will be referred to the next step.Multiple Choice Online Exam | (Weighted 100%)
An online exam consisting of job-related questions will be administered. Candidates who pass this test will be referred to the next step. This is a standardized test and there are no study guides available.Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedures above may be modified.
Candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures.Eligible List
Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.Veterans Employment Preference
The County is committed to providing a mechanism to give preferential consideration in the employment process to veterans and their eligible spouses and will provide eligible participants the opportunity to receive interviews in the selection process for employment and paid internship openings. Please click here
to review the policy.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Please see below for important information regarding COVID-19 related requirements.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, and laws, regulations, and policies regarding COVID-19 are subject to change. The County of Orange is required to comply with all applicable State or County Public Health Orders, some of which require vaccination or testing as follows:
- Workers, who provide services in certain Medical or High-Risk Settings, will be required to provide proof of full vaccination from COVID-19 or to wear a mask and undergo weekly COVID-19 testing .
- Workers, who provide services in certain Health Care Facilities or in a correctional facility or detention center where health care is provided, will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and boosted . (Workers may be exempt from this requirement based on religious beliefs or a qualifying medical reason; however, if exempted, they will be required to wear a mask and undergo weekly COVID-19 testing.)
The position for which you are applying may be required to adhere to any applicable State or County Public Health Orders. You will receive notification of any requirement as it applies to a position. EMAIL NOTIFICATION Email
is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account.NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile at www.governmentjobs.com
. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, contact Vanessa Rosas
or by email at Vanessa.Rosas@occr.ocgov.com
EEO INFORMATION Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer,
encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous