Announcement Number: 785119554
5390 Kietzke Lane, Suite 102
Reno, Nevada 89511
Fax (775) 688-1271
Investigations: (775) 688-1150
2310 Corporate Circle
Henderson, Nevada 89074
Fax (702) 486-1190
Investigations (702) 486-1110
State Of Nevada
STATE CONTRACTORS BOARD
Kent Lay, Chairman
Jan B. Leggett
Supervisor Compliance Investigations Unit
Nevada State Contractors Board
Henderson, NV, USA
$66,950 to $102,907 Annually
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
JOB TITLE: Supervisor Compliance Investigations Unit - Henderson, Nevada
Under the direction of the Director of Investigations, the Supervisor of the Compliance Investigations Unit
(CIU) provides direction, guidance, and leadership to the CIU. The position is responsible for investigations
of potential contractor violations. The Supervisor - CIU oversees investigations of construction related
problems involving homeowners and licensed contractors pertaining to Nevada Revised Statues Chapter
624 and Nevada Administrative Code Chapter 624. This position supervises staff in accordance with Board
policies and applicable laws and responds to complaint inquiries and assists complainants. The Supervisor
- CIU must possess a current International Codes Council (ICC) certification or other nationality recognized
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides daily leadership, guidance and direction to compliance investigations staff to ensure
achievement of department and Board goals and objectives.
• Serves as liaison between Board, industry and community and represents agency at meetings
and other forums to promote and explain the Board's mission, goals and objectives.
• Oversees, participates in and advises on preparation of cases for Board hearing.
• Reviews and analyzes investigative files compiled by staff encompassing all evidence and
facts pertaining to cases, complaints or resolutions and determines whether additional
investigative works is necessary. Once review and/or analysis is complete, approves case
files to proceed in the complaint process.
• Ensures investigators complete case files thoroughly and timely, accordance with Board
hearing schedules and established timeframes for resolution.
• Facilitates informal resolution of complaints by meeting with contending parties, using conflict
resolution skills and diplomacy in handling confrontation. 2
• Conducts evidentiary and other meetings with contractors, counsel, and contending parties to
resolve complaint or prepare matter for Board hearings.
• Inspects building and project locations for matters in dispute and validate complaints.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Be at least 21 years of age, a citizen of the United States and possess a Nevada driver's license and be
insurable as a driver under a motor vehicle liability policy obtained by the Board. Bachelor's Degree in
related filed or in business administration; or five (5) years of work experience in the construction field; or a
licensed contractor; or an equivalent combination or education, work experience and training. Must possess
a valid Nevada Driver's License with an insurable driving record.
Demonstrate knowledge of the provisions of NRS 624 and the building codes for use in Nevada.
Pass the Construction Management Examination not later than 1 year after beginning employment by the
Benefit package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, 401 and 457 pension plans. The
Board is a quasi-state agency and employees are not participants in the Nevada P.E.R.S. retirement
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Job announcement will remain open until the position
Closing Date/Time: Until recruitment needs are satisfied