Description:Salary and Benefits
The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $ 3,400.00/month to $4,000.00 /month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability. About the Position
The College of Education and Allied Studies (CEAS comprises of five unique departments). The Office of the Associate Dean is responsible for supervising personnel, budget, and office functions of the Credential Student Service Center (CSSC). The CSSC provides services to all programs leading to a credential issued by the Slate of California. The CSSC is the direct link to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC). The CSSC provides support to CSUEB departments with credential programs and serves the general public regarding information on certification policies and procedures. The office advises students about credential requirements, maintains accurate data on enrollments and student progress, reviews readiness for field experience, and processes all materials related to the admissions application process and reviews the applications for a credential.
The purpose of the position is to provide information to those inquiring about pursuing Teaching or Services Credentials and to maintain and monitor the records of applicants to the credential program. This position also requires broad knowledge of programs and requirements for all University credential programs. This position is expected to independently assist those who inquire by phone or in person regarding information about the credential programs. Responsibilities
- Respond to in-person, email, and phone calls regarding questions and information about the credential programs.
- Provide information about credential candidates to program coordinators as requested.
- Maintain a working knowledge of other functions in the Credential Student Services Center.
Credential File Maintenance
- Maintain applications (paper and/or submitted electronically) in the database for Teacher Education: Multiple/Single Subject, Reading, Educational Psychology: Education Specialist, Pupil Personnel Services, Educational Leadership: Administrative Services, Communicative Science Disorders: Speech-Language Pathology Services.
- Maintain accurate files of all program applicants and monitor the submission of all required documentation for each applicant.
- Communicate with Graduate Admissions (Enrollment Services) regarding applicants' eligibility for admission to the University and to the respective credential programs.
- Use University software programs; to track the application process for each credential candidate and to provide several statistical reports to include but not limited to the University, Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC), Chancellor's Office, and other agencies, offices/departments on/off-campus. Programs include MyCOE, Peoplesoft, OnBase, and others as necessary.
- Provide administrative support to the CSSC Credential Analysts and staff.
Coordinate the Credential Admissions Process
- Schedule faculty Interviews of prospective candidates.
- Send correspondence to applicants about the interview process.
- Data entry of program information for tracking enrolled students and for reporting University statistics.
- Maintain files and materials received for the credential files on credential candidates. Provide and report information (data) to
- Prepare mass mailings of correspondence to notify applicants of credential program admission decisions.
- Process transmittal forms in coordination with Graduate Admissions processes.
Coordination of Credential Student Outreach Events and Credential Student Recruitment
- Accurately inform teacher candidates on University, Program, and State requirements for certification in California.
- Assist Credential Analyst with providing information at Credential Information Sessions, which are held in the evening, on both Hayward and Concord campuses and/or online. Remain after Credential Information Sessions to answer individuals' questions.
- Maintain a sufficient supply of up-to-date documents and materials of credential information in the office and at events, i.e. Credential Information Sessions, tabling University events on/off-campus.
- Consult with students, faculty, and the general public at teacher recruitment and graduate programs events/fairs. Requires ability to speak with large groups or candidates seeking admission to programs.
- Serve as liaison to Graduate Admissions. Effectively communicate with Graduate Admissions (Enrollment Services) regarding applicants' eligibility to the University and Credential Programs.
- Review handbooks (credential program and candidate program) for accuracy about the admissions process.
Ability to maintain a professional and customer service-oriented environment.
Strong written and oral communication skills for a business environment.
Ability to handle multiple deadlines and work under pressure professionally.
Highly organized both in a physical and virtual environment.
Strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
Highly detail-oriented in communication and follow-up; virtually, physically, and verbally.
Ability to prioritize and manage workload effectively and efficiently.
Strong computer skills/understanding of intermediate computer knowledge base and typing ability. (i.e., scanning, email, virtual environments, and file management in a virtual setting). Minimum Qualifications
Entry to this classification requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Some positions may require a knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages are also a prerequisite.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience. Preferred Skills and Knowledge
Ability to design, layout, proof, and add graphics to documents.
Proficient in the following programs: Excel, Google Sheets, Word, PowerPoint, Gmail, Google Calendars, and various web browsers.
Knowledge of the following programs: PeopleSoft, Survey Monkey, and Publisher.
Knowledge in the use of the following types of equipment: Copy machines, Scanners, Fax Machines, Computer PC and MAC platforms, USB drives, digital cameras, and multiple line phone systems. Condition(s) of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department.EEO Statement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body. Other Information
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html Sponsorship
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions and we are not an E-Verify employer. Mandated Reporter
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat. com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled