Department: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Division: DHHS - PUBLIC AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Business Unit: HR-FAC FOR MENTAL OFFENDER
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 39
Salary Range: $29.22 - $43.75
Fulltime/Parttime: Part Time
Recruiter: NICOLE PEEK
Phone: 775 684-0129
Psychiatric Nurses provide professional nursing care to individuals with developmental delays, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, or social, emotional, and/or behavioral disorders, in an institution or outpatient setting in accordance with the authorized scope of practice specified in the Nurse Practice Act.
Lake's Crossing Center (LCC), a maximum-security forensic facility, is recruiting for a Psychiatric Nurse 2 part-time position. The mission of the agency is to provide forensic mental health services to mentally disordered offenders referred by the court system for evaluation of their competency to stand trial and/or be treated to restore competency. The Nursing Department at LCC provides professional psychiatric nursing care to clients while at the facility. Nursing staff's duties include but are not limited to dispensing medication, responding to medical emergencies, assessing medical needs, providing on going care, supervising, and attending treatment groups, supervising clients in isolation, and at times assuming the responsibility of Nurse in charge.
The work schedule is 3 days a week, for a total of 20.24 hours, and the shift will be determined upon hire. Work schedules include day, evening, night, weekend, and holiday shifts. Incumbents will be working innovative schedules with overtime after 8 hours of work. Incumbents must have a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Nevada or an Interim Permit issued by the Nevada State Board of Nursing. The State of Nevada provides an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, participation in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), yearly accrual of 15 days of annual leave, 15 days of sick leave, and paid holidays. Nevada does not have a state income tax and state employees do not contribute to social security.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0/
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse and two years of professional nursing experience, one of which included working in a facility or institution with individuals with mental illness, developmental disabilities or intellectual disabilities; OR one year of experience as a Psychiatric Nurse I in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A Bachelor's degree in nursing is equivalent to a diploma or Associate's degree in nursing and one year of experience.
- Out of state applicants must have a temporary license as a Registered Nurse issued by the Nevada State Board of Nursing at the time of appointment and must obtain permanent licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the Nevada State Board of Nursing as a condition of continuing employment.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Reno
Nearest Secondary Market: Tahoe