About the Position
The County of Yuba is currently recruiting for the position of Supervising Public Health Nurse in the Health & Human Services' Public Health Division. Under general supervision, plans, assigns, supervises, reviews and evaluates the work of public health nursing and related ancillary staff for the Public Health Division; assists in the development of goals, objectives, standards of performance and policies and procedures to meet legal, organizational and public health nursing guidelines. Provides programmatic oversight and review to multiple public health nursing programs; directs and supervises the work of public health nursing staff; performs the full range of public health nursing services including teaching, health assessment, and counseling services in connection with the prevention and control of diseases and adverse health conditions; may manage a patient caseload; performs related work as assigned. This is the supervisory level in the Public Health Series and reports directly to the Public Health Nursing Manager.
Examples of job duties:
- Maintain standards of public health nursing programs, including securing medical approval of nursing practices as necessary and assuring that services are provided according to County, State and departmental regulations and policies.
- Supervise and evaluate the work of assigned professional public health nursing staff; evaluate staff's job performance, provide direction and coaching, through regular feedback sessions; create individual development plans with employees, discuss job performance problems to identify causes and issues, and work on resolving problems; recommend discipline and implement discipline procedures as needed/directed; provide or coordinate staff training; offer advice and assistance as needed.
- Supervise, monitor and review assigned public health programmatic areas.
- Assist in the development and implementation of public health program goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and protocols; advise staff on the interpretation and application of departmental policies and procedures.
- Oversee assigned program budgets and grants.
- May act as the Director of Nurses on a relief or as assigned basis
- Assess the quality of care rendered by public health nursing staff; ensure that ongoing quality assurance studies are preformed and assist with evaluation and follow-up; investigate irregularities and complaints.
- Plan and deliver in-service presentations for public health nurses.
- Investigate and resolve health problems, furnish guidance and advice regarding preventative steps and community assistance to individuals and families.
For a complete list of job duties Click Here. Close Date: