Salary: $54,718.00 - $73,465.00 Annually USD
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY
This position will be responsible for developing and supervising the Public Works Field Operations Division training program to efficiently and effectively train employees in the use of light to heavy construction equipment as well as developing and implementing protocols, policies, and procedures necessary to ensure work processes are safe and that equipment meets quality standards for the Division. Employee selected will conduct commercial drivers' license (CDL) training, light to heavy construction equipment evaluation and training, and operational safety certification training.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $54,718 - $73,465 (Estimated Annual Salary)
APPLICATION DROCESS & DEADLINE: Submitted applications are reviewed by the hiring department, on a going basis, prior to the APPLICATION DEADLINE OF: SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2022 or earlier if filled.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of this position are performed in both an office and field environment, which include:
* Train employees in the safe operation of light to heavy construction equipment, e.g., dozer, grader, backhoe, excavator, front-end loader, tractor, compactor, dump truck, lift truck and forklift;
* Train and prepare employees for commercial driver's license examinations; train and prepare employees for operational safety certifications for OSHA compliance, e.g., forklift, confined space, trenching, flagger safety;
* Completes thorough and accurate reports on daily training activities;
* Plan, schedule, coordinate, support and control equipment training/development
* Maintains up-to-date training schedules and reports
* Ensures that all training is performed in a safe, efficient manner and pursuant to County, Federal, and State guidelines and
* Assists in the development and update of training materials
* Assists Public Works Superintendent with developing and implementing safety training program standards and processes for the field operations staff; to include, identifying strengths, problem areas, failure trends, faults in methods and procedures, and conduct training to correct deficiencies
* Assists with monthly safety meetings on education and training relative to safety trends and indicators
* Keeps immediate supervisor and designated others fully and accurately informed concerning training progress, including present and potential training problems and suggestions for improvement
* Attends meetings, conferences, workshops, and training sessions and reviews publications and audiovisual materials to become and remain current on the principles, practices, and new developments in assigned work areas
* Performs other directly related duties consistent with the role and function of this position
Minimum Education: Position requires a High School Diploma or a GED.
Minimum Qualification: Five (5) or more years' of progressively responsible experience in the operation and maintenance of light to heavy construction equipment, with two (2) or more years' experience in the operation and maintenance of semi-tractor-trailer trucks; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work; and possession of a valid South Carolina Class A Commercial Driver's License indicating a clean DMV record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Substantial knowledge of commercial truck operation and licensure requirements and maintenance of light to heavy construction equipment, materials and methods
* Substantial knowledge of OSHA, DHEC, and other State and Federal regulations relevant to the type of work performed.
* Skilled in the operation and maintenance of all light to heavy construction equipment required for all operator classifications
* Skilled in training, evaluating, and coordinating the training of others
* Skilled in Microsoft Office e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Able to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
* Able to assist disaster response teams in the event of a natural disaster as necessaryClosing Date/Time:
Remote-eligible (Remote work is a type of flexible working arrangement that allows an employee to work from remote location)
North Charleston, South Carolina