Salary: $2,117.00 - $3,176.00 per week ($110,089.00 – $165,134.00 estimated annual) USD
Apply By: Jun 10, 2023
The Database Architect reports to the Manager, IT Technology and Telecommunications and is primarily responsible for managing MS SQLSERVER RDBMS (Relational Database Management Systems) and Middleware platforms for the San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans), the Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (JPB), and the San Mateo County Transportation Authority (TA). In addition to managing SQL Server the DBA will also manage Oracle Databases.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability.
- Develop, implement, and oversee database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
- Provides development and operational support for Oracle and MS SQL database systems.
- Provides technical consulting to departments in the implementation of critical business applications.
- Provide technical assistance to selected vendors in the implementation of new integrated applications.
- Help train departmental users in the use of Relational Data Base Management System (RDMS) tools and applications.
- Modify, test, and document forms, reports, and/or interface linkages as required.
- Manages the design and development of databases and related master files. Oversees contributions by Systems, Operations, and Technical Support to develop and improve databases and master files.
- Plans dataflows for new or revised databases, mapping out the 'conceptual design' for planned databases.
- Backups and Recovery.
- Support Disaster Recovery.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Guarantees the performance integrity and quality of databases.
- Administer and support data replication to remote databases as required.
- Administer and control database objects, including procedures, links, indices, etc.
- Managers access permissions and privileges.
- Writes database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary ('metadata').
- Develop, test, implement, and document backup and recovery processes and procedures.
- Monitor database status and tune performance.
- Manage Middleware platforms.
- Manage Cloud systems.
- Manage the installation and test of Oracle and/or MS SQL RDBMS and/or application updates, patches, application software releases, etc.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect oneself, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION: Works under the supervision of the Manager, IT Technology and Telecommunications, who establishes goals and objectives and evaluates performance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information System (MIS), or other related fields.
- Four (4) years of full-time experience as a Database Architect.
- Wiling to work On Call and After hours as required
- Experience with managing SQL Server and Oracle Databases in the cloud.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Experience training and instructing at all levels.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
SELECTION PROCESS MAY INCLUDE: The selection process may consist of an evaluation of the applicant’s qualifications, review of the supplemental questionnaires, panel interview, practical exercise and/or internal Department interviews. Upon completion of the selection process, an offer of employment may be conditionally based upon the successful completion of employment and education verification and criminal background check.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please visit the https://www.samtrans.com/about-samtrans/jobs. Complete an online employment application and supplemental questionnaire. This is a continuous recruitment. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of the application and supplemental questionnaire. Incomplete application will not be considered.
- The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities upon request. If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at (650) 508-6308.
- SamTrans celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive, and welcoming workplace environment. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
for additional information on SamTrans benefits, please visit,https://www.samtrans.com/about-samtrans/jobs
Holidays: Seven paid holidays, plus up to four floating holidays per year
Paid Time Off: Up to 26 days (PTO) per year
Cafeteria Plans: Medical, dental, vision care, group life insurance and more
Transportation: Free Bus Transportation for employees and qualified dependents
Pension: Social Security and California Public Employees Retirement Systems (CalPERS)
- Classic Members – 2% @ 60 benefit formula, 3 year average of highest compensation
- New Members – 2% @ 62 benefit formula, 3 year average of highest compensation
1250 San Carlos Avenue, San Carlos, California