WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATOR I - UNDERFILL - Requisition ID: [[id]]
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: N/A
Geographical Location: Las Vegas, Boulder City, Indian Springs, Jean, Henderson
Department: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Division: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Business Unit: HR-DIRECTOR'S OFFICE
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 31
Salary Range: $44,641.44 - $65,667.60
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: KENNETH R SCHULZ
Phone: 775 684-0147
Wastewater Treatment Operators perform operations and maintenance tasks in wastewater treatment facilities in accordance with federal, State, and local regulations affecting the treatment and disposal of sewage and wastewater.
This position is an underfill for a Wastewater Treatment Operator 2 and it is with the Nevada Department of Corrections in Indian Springs.
Incumbents process and export generated sewage by observing and monitoring all aspects of treatment, pulling samples, performing and analyzing tests, recording and correlating data, adjusting operations accordingly and introducing chemicals into the system, as necessary. Perform operations and maintenance tasks in wastewater treatment facilities in accordance with local, state and federal regulations affecting the treatment of sewage and wastewater.
To see full Class Specifications visit: https://hr.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/hrnvgov/Content/Resources/ClassSpecs/09/09-495spc(1).pdf
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education, one year of experience in wastewater treatment plant operation and maintenance, and a Wastewater Treatment Operator, Grade I certification issued by the Nevada Wastewater Environment Association; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above to include current certification as a Wastewater Treatment Operator, Grade I.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066 positions in this series have been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in these positions must submit to a preemployment screening for controlled substances.
- Some positions require a valid driver's license at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market: