Description: Working Title
SF BUILD Program Lead (Associate, Academic & Institutional Studies III) - ORSP/Biology/SF BUILD SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. Department
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs/ Biology/ SF BUILD (Building Infrastructure Leading to Diversity) Appointment Type Temporary:
Position will end on or before June 30, 2023. Permanent status cannot be earned in this grant funded position. This Temporary appointment can be concluded prior to the stated temporary appointment end date, normally with a two-week notice period. Continuation of this temporary appointment is contingent upon grant funding Time Base
Full time (1.0 FTE) Work Schedule
Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. Please refer to the Work Schedule Anticipated Hiring Range
$8334.00 monthly ($100,008.00 annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position Summary
The SF BUILD Program Lead under the general direction of the Principal Investigator, will have two main responsibilities for SF BUILD, (1) to lead SF BUILD administrative efforts and (2) to participate in program dissemination, sustainability and institutionalization efforts. The SF BUILD Program Lead will guide program staff across cores in the planning and implementation of all program activities, budget management, grants reporting, and program policy development and implementation. The SF BUILD Program Lead will also work closely with other SF BUILD Leadership at SF State and UCSF in the strategic planning of SF BUILD efforts, activities, and research studies, specifically assessing student and faculty outcomes from their involvement in inclusive research training and curriculum development. The candidate will also work closely with SF BUILD leadership to negotiate the institutionalization and sustainability of key SF BUILD activities with relevant stakeholders.Position Information Strategic Planning
- Help plan, lead an assess SF BUILD activities and events.
- Work with other SF BUILD leadership and key stakeholders in the negotiation to institutionalize key SF BUILD activities.
- Provide lead directions to sustain key SF BUILD activities that support students and faculty and the development of affirming and inclusive STEM spaces.
- Work with the evaluation team in the evaluation of program activities, particularly with a focus on student and faculty outcomes from SF BUILD involvement.
- Work with other SF BUILD team members in the development of manuscripts describing the outcomes of the SF BUILD program.
- Disseminate SF BUILD findings and theory of change at local, regional and national conferences.
- Collaborate with other BUILD leadership nationally to assess the impact of the national BUILD efforts, and develop collaborative manuscripts describing these efforts.
- Provide lead direction to the SF BUILD administrative team
- Work closely with the SF BUILD Program Administrator in the management of the budget and oversight of purchases.
- Lead program recruitment efforts.
- Perform duties related to hiring project personnel as needed for various type of classification for the SF BUILD program.
- Oversee internal and external program communication efforts.
- Participate as a liaison between SF BUILD and other stakeholders.
Other duties as assignedAt All Times
Minimum Qualifications Knowledges and Abilities:
- Demonstrate behaviors that are in line with the User Friendly Principles (P530C) and Principles of Conduct for a Multi-Cultural University (P30D)
- Demonstrate safe work practices for oneself, others and the office environment.
Thorough knowledge of the principles of management and organization; and of administrative survey principles and techniques and skill in their applications; thorough knowledge of the subject area of assignment.
Ability to plan, organize, conduct and participate in major administrative and analytical studies; ability to relate the overall objectives and policies of the Trustees, the Office of the Chancellor and the administration and faculties of the campus to the studies; ability to see the interrelationships within and among the various educational, administrative and fiscal programs on the campuses; sensitivity to the special needs of various campuses because of different size, location, characteristics and circumstances; ability to approach problems
objectively; ability to present findings and recommendations clearly and |diplomatically and to reconcile, to the extent possible, various divergent points of view; ability to utilize complex statistical and various analytical research methods; ability to draw conclusions and develop recommendations; ability to prepare written reports; ability to develop and maintain high level contacts including the leading of meetings and negotiations.Experience:
Five years of progressively responsible administrative or professional experience which demonstrates ability to conduct complex analyses of problems in assigned functional areas. The rank of Associate Professor or higher In a four-year college or university and demonstrated experience in research or special study work may be substituted for up to four years of experience.Education:
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university.
A background check (which may include: checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records, motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position. Preferred Qualifications
- A graduate degree and/or training in science or science education is preferred.
- 5 or more years of experience in mentorship and training of underrepresented students in biomedical research.
- 5 or more years of experience with facilitating the professional development of faculty in equity practices for scientific teaching.
- Experience with NIH grant submission and reporting.
- Experience working directly with culturally diverse populations at many levels.
- Core Competencies - embody the following competencies:
- Bias toward collaboration and teamwork.
- Effective oral, written and nonverbal communication skills
- Customer/Client Focus with an emphasis in problem solving and resolution
- Personal effectiveness and credibility as demonstrated by interpersonal and professional confidence.
- Diversity and inclusion.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check. Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire. Benefits
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee. Employment Requirement
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to email@example.com
. CSUEU Position (For CSUEU Positions Only)
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference. Additional Information SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
Thank you for your interest in employment with California State University (CSU). CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California. Because of this, CSU prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California with very limited exception. While this position may be eligible for occasional telework, all work is expected to be performed in the state of California, and this position is assigned to on-campus operations.
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled