Physician & Surgeon (IM/FP) - Integrated Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program (ISUDT)
$302,424 - $317,556 annual (Time-Limited Board Certified)
$287,268 - $301,656 annual (Lifetime Board Certified)
$272,184 - $285,804 annual (Pre-Board Certified)
Do you have a keen professional interest in addiction medicine and substance abuse treatment? California Correctional Health Care Services is seeking Internal Medicine/Family Practice physicians to join this newly-created program dedicated to providing specialized care to patients with a history of substance abuse who require additional medical assistance.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Direct patient care, including assessments and evaluations
- Diagnostic testing and interpretation
- Prescribing and monitoring medication
- Managing co-morbidities
Special requirements for this program:
- Significant recent experience treating addictions (at least 3 years in the last 5 years)
- Possession of an X waiver on DEA license
- Addiction medicine specialty/certification (desirable)
We currently have opportunities at California Correctional Institution, a bustling facility located in the Southern California community of Tehachapi. Here, in this historic mountain town and far from the congestion of the Los Angeles Basin, you’ll find a wide range of outdoor activities and local events; a tight knit community; and breathtaking scenery and wildlife.
CCHCS offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek - affords you true work-life balance
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Relocation assistance for those new to State of California service
- Robust 401(k) and 457 retirement plans (tax defer up to $45,000 - $60,000 per year)
- Paid CME, with paid time off to attend - allows you to control more of your time and money
- Dedicated assistance with H-1B, J-1 Waiver, and TN visa sponsorship
- Comprehensive malpractice insurance coverage
- And much more
Take the first step in joining our team and submit your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov .
Please review the appropriate bulletin/assessment on the Bulletin Page for the Minimum Qualifications and, if qualified, complete the Assessment according to the instructions.
How To Apply: You may apply for this position by clicking “Apply Now” on the top or bottom of this page.
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov
Closing Date/Time: Until Filled