The Position Why join Contra Costa Health Services?OPEN UNTIL FILLED The Board of Supervisors have authorized the following future salary increases: 5% on July 1, 2023, 5% on July 1, 2024, 5% on July 1, 2025.
The Contra Costa County Health Services Department is offering an excellent career opportunity for qualified individuals interested in the Public Health Mobile Clinic Operator position. There are currently two (2) vacancies in the Public Health Clinic Services division located in Concord, CA. You will be required to occasionally travel to different locations throughout Contra Costa County.
The Mobile Clinic Operator (MCO) position is essential to the success of Public Health Clinic Services (PHCS) programs. PHCS supports county residents by providing health services at school-based sites for high school students and at community-based sites for dental and homeless services. Our mission is to care for and improve the health of all people in Contra Costa County with special attention to those who are most vulnerable to health problems.We are looking for someone who is:
What you will typically be responsible for:
- Detail Oriented: You will be responsible for ensuring patient information is accurate and comprehensive.
- Team Player: You will be responsible for working as a team to ensure that the clinic runs smoothly and remains on schedule.
- Safety Driven: You will be responsible for driving a large vehicle where safety is a high priority.
- Respectful: You will be working with children, families, adolescents, and the homeless community. You will be responsible for treating everyone that comes to the clinic with respect.
- Professional: You will be required to display honesty and personal accountability within your position and responsibilities.
A few reasons you might love this job:
- Safely driving the mobile clinic van to and from county clinic sites
- Registering patients at county clinic sites for appropriate health services
- Providing van maintenance and stocking of needed materials
- Communicating needed van repairs to the lead Mobile Clinic Operator and your Manager
- Understanding parking locations at clinic sites and any updates that are made to those spots
A few challenges you might face in this job:
- It’s rewarding to make a difference in the community
- The workplace is professional, nurturing, and supportive
- You will work with people of different backgrounds and cultures
- We are focused on our common mission and goals to serve our community
- You must adapt to ever-changing technology
- There may be an unpredictable daily workflow and work assignments at times
- You will work with a variety of personalities and conflicting demands
- Critical Thinking: Analytically and logically evaluating information, propositions, and claims
- Fact Finding: Obtaining facts and data pertaining to an issue or question
- Innovative Problem Solving: Identifying and analyzing problems in order to propose new ways to do business
- Safety Focus: Showing vigilance and care in identifying and addressing health risks and safety hazards
- Attention to Detail: Focusing on the details of work content, work steps, and final work products
- Handling Stress: Maintaining emotional stability and self-control under pressure, challenge, or adversity
- Professional Integrity & Ethics: Displaying honesty, adherence to principles, and personal accountability
- Oral Communication: Engaging effectively in dialogue
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing
- Involving Others (Engaging Teams): Engaging others for input, contribution, and shared responsibility for outcomes
- Teamwork: Collaborating with others to achieve shared goals
- Leveraging Technology: Applying technology for improvements in organizational efficiency and effectiveness
To read the complete job description, please visit the website: https://www.cccounty.us/hr .The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for six (6) months.
Minimum Qualifications Education:
Possession of a high school diploma, G.E.D. proficiency, or high school equivalency certificate.License Required:
Possession of a valid State of California Class B Driver's license with Air Brakes Certification.Experience:
One (1) year of full time, or its equivalent, experience driving a vehicle for a professional service or agency with responsibility for providing customer service.OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
A background investigation/fingerprint and/or physical exam may be required prior to the start of employment.Applicants are required to submit a completed Supplemental Questionnaire and a copy of their California DMV Driver Record issued no earlier than December 1, 2022, at the time of application. Visit
www.dmv.ca.gov to obtain your Driver Record. The report should be scanned and attached to the on-line application. An application submitted without the Supplemental Questionnaire and Driver Record will be considered incomplete and will therefore be disqualified.Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience operating computers
- Familiarity with Contra Costa County
Selection Process 1. Application Filing and Evaluation:
All applicants will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire at the time of application. Applications will be evaluated to determine which candidates will move forward in the next phase of the recruitment process.2. Training and Experience Evaluation:
At the time of filing, within the supplemental questionnaire, candidates will be required to complete a training and experience questionnaire. Candidates that clearly meet the minimum qualifications, as described above, will have their training and experience responses evaluated. The training and experience questionnaire is designed to measure candidate’s relevant education, training, and/or experience as it relates to the Public Health Mobile clinic Operator classification. (Weighted 100%). The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.For recruitment questions, please contact Health Services Personnel, Recruitment Team at Exams@cchealth.org . For any technical issues, please contact the GovernmentJobs’ applicant support team for assistance at +1-855-524-5627.COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENTS
Please note that as of August 24, 2021, Contra Costa County enacted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement for employees. Proof of full vaccination will be required of all employees, including new hires. The policy requirements can be found here:
https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/72164/2021824-Mandatory-Vaccination-Policy-PDF?bidId= CONVICTION HISTORY
After you receive a conditional job offer, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you have received a conditional job offer. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances. Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with Contra Costa County. If you accept a conditional job offer, the Human Resources department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.DISASTER SERVICE WORKER
All Contra Costa County employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law. Employment with the County requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of Contra Costa County to consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
To find more information on Benefits offered by Contra Costa County, please go to https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/1343/Employee-Benefits
Closing Date/Time: Continuous