The Position Bargaining Unit: Local 856 Why Join Contra Costa County Health Services?
The Contra Costa County Health Services Department is offering an excellent career opportunity to fill two (2) Permanent Intermittent and one (1) Permanent Full-time Diagnostic Imaging Technologist III - A (CT/MRI) positions located in the Health Services - Contra Costa Regional Medical Center (CCRMC) in Martinez, CA.
The Contra Costa Health Services CCRMC houses the Diagnostic Imaging Department which provides diagnostic services (routine and specialized) and interpretation for inpatients, outpatients, and emergency patients of all ages.
We are looking for someone who will be able to perform general and complex diagnostic imaging and therapeutic CT or MRI procedures. If you are looking for a challenging role that will allow you to enhance your current knowledge and skills, as well as grow in your career, apply today! We are looking for someone who is:
What you will typically be responsible for:
- Responsible. You will be positioning and transitioning patients.
- Knowledgeable. You will need to apply principles of radiation safety in compliance with federal, state, and departmental standards.
- Organized. You will be scheduling procedures and patients.
- A team player! You will need to be able to work and collaborate well with others.
A few reasons why you might love this job:
- Assessing general patient condition
- Documenting procedures and events in the patient’s medical records and departmental logs
- Performing diagnostic imaging procedures
A few challenges you might face in this job:
- You will work with a great team of highly motivated professionals
- You will get to work with advanced imaging modalities including CT and MRI
- You will be assisting customers and patients
- You may have a heavy workload of tasks to accomplish
- You will be planning the schedule of other staff members
The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for six (6) months.
- Decision Making: Choosing optimal courses of action in a timely manner
- Critical Thinking: Analytically and logically evaluating information, propositions, and claims
- Legal & Regulatory Navigation: Understanding, interpreting, and ensuring compliance with laws and regulations
- General Physical Ability: Using strength, endurance, flexibility, balance, and coordination
- Professional & Technical Expertise: Applying technical subject matter to the job
- Safety Focus: Showing vigilance and care in identifying and addressing health risks and safety hazards
- Using Technology: Working with electronic hardware and software applications
- Adaptability: Responding positively to change and modifying behavior as the situation requires
- Professional Integrity & Ethics: Displaying honesty, adherence to principles, and personal accountability
- Attention to Detail: Focusing on the details of work content, work steps, and final work products
- Self-Management: Showing personal organization, self-discipline, and dependability
- Informing: Proactively obtaining and sharing information
- Listening: Fully comprehending spoken communication
- Handling & Resolving Conflict: Managing interpersonally strained situations
- Interpersonal Savvy: Considering and responding appropriately to the needs and feelings of others in different situations
- Teamwork: Collaborating with others to achieve shared goals
- Valuing Diversity: Appreciating the benefits of varied backgrounds and cultures in the workplace
To read the complete job description, please visit the website at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta/classspecs/1207585?keywords=diagnostic%20imaging%20technologist&pagetype=classSpecifications
Minimum Qualifications Certificates Required:
Possession and maintenance of a valid certificate issued by the California Department of Public Health as a Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT); AND
Either: Current certification and registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) with credentials in either Computed Tomography (CT) OR
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI); OR
Current certification and registration with the American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists (ARMRIT) with credentials in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI); AND
3. Possession of a valid Radiologic Technologist Fluoroscopy Permit issued by the California Department of Public Health; AND
4. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification issued by the American Heart Association OR
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification issued by the American Red Cross.Experience:
Two (2) years of full-time, or its equivalent, experience performing diagnostic imaging procedures with at least six (6) months of performing complex CT or MRI diagnostic imaging procedures in an acute care hospital.
Selection Process Application Filing and Evaluation
: All applicants must apply online at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date. Applications will be evaluated to determine which candidates will move forward in the next phase of the recruitment process.Training and Experience Evaluation:
Consists of an evaluation of each candidate's relevant education, training, and/or experience as presented on the application and supplemental questionnaire. (Weighted 100%)The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices. COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements
Please note that as of August 24, 2021, Contra Costa County enacted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement for employees. Proof of full vaccination will be required of all employees, including new hires. The policy requirements can be found here: https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/72164/2021824-Mandatory-Vaccination-Policy-PDF?bidId= CONVICTION HISTORY
After you receive a conditional job offer, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you have received a conditional job offer. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances. Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with Contra Costa County. If you accept a conditional job offer, the Human Resources department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment. DISASTER SERVICE WORKER
All Contra Costa County employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law. Employment with the County requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of Contra Costa County to consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
To find more information on Benefits offered by Contra Costa County, please go to https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/1343/Employee-Benefits
Closing Date/Time: Continuous