Summary ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
Deschutes County Health Services supports over 400 staff in Behavioral and Public Health programs working to promote and protect the health and safety of the community in a broad variety of community based settings.To hear from staff about working at Deschutes County Behavioral Health, please click HERE. ABOUT THE COUNTY:
We know where you choose to live, work and play matters. Deschutes County is one of the largest employers in Central Oregon and the largest municipal government in the region. Our dedicated and passionate workforce of more than 1,200 employees provide County services in a number of departments, divisions, and offices.
Located in the heart of Central Oregon, between the towering Cascade Mountain Range to the west and the high desert plateau to the east, Deschutes County is the outdoor recreation capital of Oregon. We enjoy a renowned quality of life, with big-city opportunities and small-town neighborhoods.
We hope you’ll consider joining our talented team.ABOUT THE JOB
The Behavioral Health Supervisor will supervise the operations of the Child, Family & Young Adult Outpatient Program located in Bend, Oregon and will be responsible for the clinical oversight, development, and direction of a behavioral health team, promoting and offering complex care services for the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders. This position provides full clinical and administrative supervision to a team within a program or a program of services; coordinates and oversees all services provided by assigned area or team; and provides a complete range of professional psychotherapeutic treatments and behavioral health services as required by position.Key Responsibilities:
What You Will Bring:
- Management of program budgets and grants.
- Community behavioral health and addictions concepts.
- Client assessment and case management.
- Treatment services, planning and protocols.
- Behavioral health disorders and diagnostic classifications.
- Psychological, sociological and psychiatric theories.
- Well-developed human relations skills with an appreciable interpersonal sensitivity and awareness of client situations and values.
- Coordinate closely with leadership staff, including other programs, community partners, and support personnel.
Knowledge of or experience with:
- Trauma informed care.
- Integrated health care.
- Interviewing and counseling skills.
- Applying theory in behavioral health and addictions diagnosis.
- Writing skills to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Planning and implementing intervention programs.
- Collaboration with team members.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, clients and their families, other agencies and the public at all times.
- Professionalism with regard to code of ethics and confidentiality.
- Handling crisis situations.
- Working effectively both independently and in a team setting.
* This posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but rather constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function.
Notification to all candidates will be sent via email and/or text
only. Please opt in for text messaging or check your email and your Governmentjobs.com account for application status.
Review the full job description by clicking HERE.
$6,576.50 to $8,813.13 per month for a 172.67 hour work month. Excellent County benefit package when eligible. This position is available immediately.BENEFITS:
Our robust health plan is offered at a minimal cost of $90 per month, which includes an innovative on-site clinic, pharmacy, and wellness and wellbeing services. Additionally, we include life insurance, retirement (PERS), generous paid time-off (14-18 hours/month to start, pro-rated for part-time), holidays, and professional development opportunities.
Please click HERE
for full benefit details.This posting has been re-opened until filled.
- Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a related behavioral science field;
- AND three (3) years of related experience in the behavioral health field, including lead or supervisory experience;
- OR any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential functions of the job.
Must possess current licensure without restrictions from a recognized governing board in Oregon as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marital and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). Preferred Qualifications :
- Previous supervisory experience as a LCSW, LPC and/or CADC II or III.
- Knowledge and experience in working with dual diagnosis mental health and substance abuse disorders.
- Certification as an Alcohol and Other Drug Counselor (CADC) II or III.
- Masters in Addiction Counseling (MAC) or the social work equivalent (CCATODSW).
- Certification in Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT).
- Certification in Generation Parent Training Management Oregon (GEN-PTMO).
- Previous experience working in a behavioral health setting in rural communities.
Necessary Special Requirements
Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Oregon driver's license within 30 days of hire date. The employment offer will be contingent upon presentation of an acceptable and verifiable driver's license, pre-employment screening for criminal history, driving history, and controlled substances (NOTE: Positive test results for marijuana use may result in rescission of a contingent offer of employment). This screening must be completed with satisfactory findings in order for a formal offer of employment to be extended.
Must meet provider Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) credentialing requirements as required by Oregon Administrative Rules ( OARs ) 309-019-0125 (8).
Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule to meet client and department needs.
Must have dependable transportation and be willing and able to drive throughout Deschutes County in sometimes adverse weather conditions.
NOTE: Per OAR 407-007-0000 to 407-007-0100 this position requires a Criminal Background check through the State Background Check Unit/Orchards, which may also include being fingerprinted. These rules provide for the reasonable screening under ORS 181A.195, 181A.200, 409.027 AND 413.036 of the County’s employees to determine if they have a history of specific criminal behavior identified in federal or state law or rules such that they should not be allowed to work, be employed, or perform in positions covered by these rules. Please click HERE to review Criminal Records Check Rules. All offers of employment for this position are contingent upon the candidate receiving final approval from the State Background Check Unit/Orchards to work in this position.Excellent County benefit package when eligible.
Deschutes County offers eligible employees a comprehensive health care package that covers medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents at a minimal cost of $90 per month. Coverage becomes effective the first of the month following 1 month of employment. Included in the health care package is the Deschutes Onsite Clinic (DOC), which provides a wide range of health, wellness, and primary care services to employees and their dependents. The DOC offers convenient hours and no out-of-pocket costs to patients. The DOC Pharmacy is a full service pharmacy available to employees and dependents to have their prescriptions filled at a discounted co-pay. In addition to the health care package, Deschutes County provides a generous and comprehensive benefits program to eligible employees. Employer paid benefit offerings include:
Employee paid voluntary benefit offerings include:
- Life Insurance for employee and dependents
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Program through Oregon PERS
- Time Management Leave
- 125 Flexible Spending Program
- 457 Deferred Compensation Program
- Supplemental Life and Accident Insurance
To learn more about Deschutes County's generous benefit offerings, please visit www.deschutes.org/hr and click on Employee Benefits.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous