Naturally, everyone wants to be more successful by reaching their goals. Whether you want more money, more customers, more profits, better health, or whatever result you’re looking for—what you’re really trying to do is create a new reality for yourself.
Let’s illustrate that by saying that you want to go from your current reality to a new reality.
The funny thing about reality, though, is that all reality is perceived reality. Here’s what’s really happening when….
You are trying to Reach Your Goals Twice as Fast with Half the Effort:
1. Right now, you are living in what I call your Current Perceived Reality (CPR). In your CPR, you have what you have, you know what you know, you do what you do, and you are what you are. This is your Current Perceived Reality—and to you, it is reality. It is your own little universe.
2. What you want is to be someplace else. That “someplace else” is what I call your New Desired Reality (NDR). In this case, you want to grow your business. But it could just as easily mean you want to change your health, your weight, your finances, your relationships,
your sphere of influence, or any number of other things.
3. Between your CPR and your NDR lies what I call your Belief Gap: the space between where you perceive you are right now (your CPR) and what it will be like when you arrive “someplace else” (your NDR).
Here’s a picture to illustrate what I’m talking about…
How big is your Belief Gap? That depends on how long you’ve been in your CPR, how hard you think it will be to get to your NDR, how many of your friends and employees tell you, “It’s impossible,” when you tell them your dreams; and so on.
Bottom line? Your business may be failing because you haven’t bridged your Belief Gap for the results you want and are working so hard for.
Here are four ways to start bridging your Belief Gap starting today…
1. Use AFFORMATIONS.
No, that’s not a typo. Afformations (not “affirmations”) are empowering questions that immediately changes your subconscious thought patterns from negative to positive.
Afformations use your brain’s “embedded presupposition factor” to change your unconscious assumptions about what you can and can’t do (see #3 below). Afformations have helped people in 178 countries to bridge their Belief Gap and dramatically improve their lives.
You can download the first chapter of The Book of Afformations for free.
2. Ask yourself what you really want.
It’s true: You can’t get where you’re going if you don’t know where that is. Ask yourself, “If time or money were no object, what would I love to be, do, or have?” If the answer doesn’t frighten you a little, you may not be asking big enough!
3. Challenge your assumptions.
You are continually forming assumptions about life and your relationship to it. The problem is, many business owners assume negative things like It’s too hard or If I haven’t done it by now, I’ll probably never do it.
If these are your unconscious assumptions, your actions will be tentative, fearful, and anticipating failure—and your results will be less than desirable.
Just because you’ve failed in the past does not make you a “failure”. The simple fact that you’re reading this right now means that you are far stronger than you think.
4. Take out your head trash.
Most business owners are constantly focused on what they don’t have and who they are not. I call this your head trash.
Imagine if every negative thought you had ever had was a piece of trash in your home. Now imagine that you never took out the trash. Your home would be pretty gross, wouldn’t it?
Take out your head trash and you’ll find that it’s a lot easier to breathe—literally!
Bottom line: Use Afformations, take out your head trash, and watch your business—and your life—change in amazing ways.
speaking style always gets high marks from audiences. As the leading authority on how to eliminate limiting beliefs, Noah delivers speeches, seminars, and mastermind programs that have been called “mandatory for anyone who wants to succeed in business.”