The National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) was founded in 1907 to help Attorneys General fulfill the responsibilities of their office and to assist in the delivery of high quality legal services to the states and territorial jurisdictions.
The National Attorneys General Training & Research Institute (NAGTRI) was created in 2007 to serve out NAAG’s mission of education, research and training to Attorneys General and their staff by providing scholarship and fee-based training courses, as well as publications on pertinent topics.
The NAGTRI Program Specialist supports the work of NAAG and NAGTRI by assisting the NAGTRI Chief Administrator, and NAAG/NAGTRI attorneys.
As NAGTRI Program Specialist, duties entail assisting with training/meeting/seminar coordination, including travel and meeting logistics, monitoring budgets, CLE coordination, administrative support as needed and conducting research.
The Program Specialist should have excellent computer skills, be able to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, exhibit an outgoing personality, think independently, have a strong grasp of budgeting and finance, and exercise tact and diplomacy. The Program Specialist should have the ability to work effectively in a team environment, fostering collaboration and cooperation across departments. Travel accounts for approximately 40% of this position. The Program Specialist reports directly to the NAGTRI Chief Administrator.
- Pre-training support for attendees to include preparing training announcement, registration management, travel support, per diem check requests etc…
- Pre-training support/logistics to include maintaining hotel rooming list, coordinating meeting room setup, food and beverage, audio visual for presenters, off-site events, transportation logistics, preparing materials, name badges, attendance list, gifts etc…
- Serve as onsite contact at NAGTRI courses, responsibilities including registration support, ensuring food and beverage, audio visual and meeting room setup accuracy and maintaining a professional and courteous relationship with hotel staff and training attendees.
- Follow training close-out procedures to include facilitating program evaluations, ensuring all final invoices are accurate, approved and paid in a timely fashion, finalizing speaker/faculty reimbursements, etc…
- Provide administrative support - proofread correspondence, reports, agendas; prepare both drafts and finals.
- Support the online travel service, setting up travel accounts, adding new meetings, and general coordination responsibilities. Assist with travel arrangements of all attendees and faculty of trainings.
- Assist with PowerPoint presentations for NAGTRI presenters and speakers; ability to format and run presentations for training presenters.
- Input all NAGTRI information for each course into database, including student and faculty information, and evaluation results.
- Coordinate with web designer on placing information on website (including materials).
- Provide telephone coverage and back-up assistance as needed.
- Respond to inquiries by state attorneys and circulate information to Attorney General as needed.
- Apply for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) for faculty and participants at all NAGTRI national trainings.
- Other tasks as assigned based on the needs of the Association.
- 1-2 years of professional, organizational experience in the non-profit sector is preferred.
- 4-year college degree required.
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary history via email to email@example.com
Attn: Erin Schechter by Monday, December 18, 2017. Please use “NAGTRI Program Specialist” as Subject line.
NAAG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.