2/21/2018- Until the needs of the service are met and subject to closure without prior notice.EXAM NUMBER:
TRDHS6834-01TYPE OF RECRUITMENT:
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITYVACANCY INFORMATION:
RANCHOS LOS AMIGOS NRC
7601 Imperial Hwy, Downey, CA 90242
Essential Job Functions DUTIES:
- Operates and acts as lead worker in the operation of flatwork ironers, keeping records of time worked by staff.
- Provides relief for the supervisor a substantial portion of the time.
- Loads linen carts in accordance with established linen supply requirements and delivers clean linen from laundry processing areas or linen rooms to hospital wards, clinics, and institutional live-in units, keeping records of deliveries.
- Receives orders and complaints from personnel of other hospital units, and takes action to see that orders are made up and complaints are resolved.
- Checks clean linen received from laundry vendor services for items needing rewashing and records weight of items received.
- Assists in the unloading of clean linen from delivery trucks, transports linen in carts to the linen room, unloads linen carts and stores linen on storage shelves.
- Issues and receives personal laundry to and from hospital employees.
- Issues hospital uniforms and maintains records of uniforms issued.
- Assists in keeping records of soiled linen poundage, rewashes, daily usage, and badly worn linen.
- Assists in counting linen during inventory.
- May mark uniforms using hot stamp machines.
This transfer opportunity of open to all permanent County of Los Angeles employees who have successfully completed their initial probationary period and currently hold the title of Intermediate Laundry WorkerAPPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY:
Those interested in the Transfer Opportunity are invited to submit an online application, cover letter with your employee number, résumé, copies of your last two performance evaluations and a copy of your time history report (Prime Variance Only) for the last 24 months.
All documents submitted will be evaluated. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by the hiring manager for an interview. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and review of personnel records.If you are unable to attach the required documents online, you may fax or email your information to:
Caliph Phillips, Exam Analyst
DHS- HR Division, Recruitment & Examinations
Phone: 323-914-8413 Fax: 323-869-0942
Email: cphillips @dhs.lacounty.gov