DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICESORIGINAL POSTING DATE:
Until the needs of the service are met and is subject to closure without prior notice.EXAM NUMBER:
Y5474ATYPE OF RECRUITMENT
Open Competitive Job OpportunitySPECIAL SALARY INFORMATION:
Appointees to this position shall be compensated at the rates established in the Los Angeles County Code Personnel, Salaries & Salary Schedule, Chapter 6.08.415B New Physician Plan D Schedule.DEFINITION:
Provides professional medical services in clinics or homes; provides general medical-administrative assistance or consultative services.
Essential Job Functions
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients in admitting and treatment rooms, clinics, wards and in homes.
- Performs medical duties in diagnostic and special services.
- Performs minor surgery and/or surgical procedures in routine and emergency situations.
- Confers with attending and staff physicians regarding care and treatment of patients, and assists them in examining and treating patients.
- Writes orders, reviews patient charts and records
- Assists in epidemiological work and the enforcement of rules relating to communicable disease control.
- Provides general medical consultation services; secures cooperation and/or permission for treatment from patients and relatives.
- Determines the necessity for laboratory tests; orders and interprets results.
- Prescribes needed therapy, reviews the progress of patients and adapts treatment as necessary.
- Conducts post-mortem examinations and assists in carrying out laboratory studies to discover the main and contributing causes of death.
- Certifies as to the cause of death.
- Testifies in court as an expert Medical witness when necessary.
- Confers with professional personnel in medical and related fields.
- Assists in the planning and direction of health programs.
- Conductsresearch, special studies, and surveys and provides technical supervision to a professional or non- professional staff involved in providing direct patient care.
Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
California State Physicians and Surgeons Certificate authorized by the Board of Medical Examiners of the State of California.LICENSE:
California State Physicians and Surgeons Certificate* authorized by the Board of Medical Examiners of the State of California.
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential function.PHYSICAL CLASS:Light:
Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.
include a legible photocopy of their California State Physician and Surgeon's Certificate to the application at the time of filing or fax it to (323) 869-0942 within 15 calendar days of filing online.
The required license and/or certificate MUST be current and unrestricted; conditional, provisional, probationary or restricted license and/or certificate will NOT be accepted.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT:
This examination will consist of an evaluation of training and experience based upon application information weighted 100%.Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on the examination in order to be placed on the eligible register.
Applications will be processed on an"as-received"
basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
The names of candidates receiving a passing grade on the examination will be added to the Eligible Register and will appear in the order of their score group for a period of six (6) months following the date of eligibility.No person may compete in this examination more than once every six (6)months.
The resulting eligible register will be used to fill vacancies throughout the Department of Health Services as they occur.SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Appointees may be required to work any shift including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.AVAILABLE SHIFT:
AnyAPPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION:APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATION SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Apply online by clicking on the "Apply" tab for this posting. You can also track the status of your application using the website.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made.Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment.
from the Class Specification and Minimum Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT
be sufficient to demonstrate that you meet the requirements. Doing so may result in an INCOMPLETE APPLICATION
and you may be DISQUALIFIED
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met. Application filing may be suspended at any time with or without advance notice.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the requirements. Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed and salary earned.If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST, on the last day of filing will not be accepted.NOTE:
If you are unable to attach required documents, you must fax them to (323) 869-0942
ore-mail the documents to the exam analystwithin 15 calendar days of filing online
. Please include the exam number and the exam title.SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
All applications must enter a valid social security number at the time of filing. Entering anything other than a valid social security number (i.e. 000-00-0000, 111-11-1111. etc.) will result in an automatic rejection of your application.COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For Candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their applications online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.DEPARTMENT CONTACT
MeriSnkhchyan, Exam Analyst
email@example.comADA COORDINATOR PHONE:
(323) 869-7124CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE: