Salary: $15.00 - $18.23 Hourly
Park Maintenance Aide (part-time, temporary) $15.00 - $18.23 per
Park Maintenance Aide (part-time, temporary) $15.00 - $18.23 per hour Open until Filled The POSITION: Employees in this position are assigned to various crews, which are responsible for specific areas. Tasks performed by each crew include irrigation, turf maintenance, playground equipment, spraying, street planters, park planters, and special projects. Typical duties include:
• Setting up traffic control such as sign boards, cones, and warning signs
• Pruning and trimming trees, shrubs, and ground cover using gas powered and hand tools such as shears, chain saw, hedger trimmer, and vacuum
• Edging turf using a string trimmer
• Weeding areas using hoe, string trimmer, hand trimmer, or hand puller
• Cleaning sandboxes, removes graffiti, and cleans walkways
• Removing and replanting trees and shrubs using staking and tying methods; grinds stumps
• Driving and operating vehicles such as lawn mowers and trucks
• Fertilizing turf and landscaped areas such as parks, using tractor spreader and walk-behind spreader
• Assisting in renovating turf and infield by reseeding, grading and laying down sod
• Picking up litter in parks and landscaped areas; dumping garbage cans
• Assisting in the repairing of structures such as bleachers, backstops, benches, and concrete walkways, curbs, and slabs
• Attending periodic safety meetings to share and learn safety information and procedures The ideal candidate will possess:
• Knowledge of basic pruning, turf maintenance, planting procedures, plant care and common safety procedures.
• A valid California driver's license Will have the skill to:
• Use basic math.
• Appropriately select and safely use hand and power tools.
• Interact effectively with the public.
• Work effectively and harmoniously as part of a crew.
• Assist in performing routine assembly and repair of playground equipment and repair of wood and concrete structures.
• Bend, reach, twist, stoop; stand & walk for extended periods of time. The Selection Process: Applicants must submit a City application. The most qualified applicants will be invited for an interview.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous