Salary: $21,611.20 - $29,099.20 Annually
Under immediate supervision, cleans, services and performs basic preventive maintenance on automotive equipment and performs related work as required.
Examples of Duties
1. Services automotive equipment in accordance with established methods and specific instructions given with work assignments.
2. Checks equipment for proper oil levels.
3. Drains, adds and changes oil.
4. Performs complete lubrication on automotive equipment.
5. Inspects, cleans and waters batteries.
6. Mixes anti-freeze.
7. Flushes and services radiators, and drains air tanks and separators.
8. Cleans automotive parts.
9. Operates cleaning vats.
10.Washes and cleans interiors and exteriors of automotive equipment.
11.Operates mechanical cleaning equipment.
12.Loads and unloads automotive and other materials and supplies by hand or with moving equipment.
13.Moves and stores automotive supplies in designated areas.
14.Assists in maintaining the simpler details or records of materials and supplies.
15.Notifies superiors when stock in shops, garages, bins or elsewhere is low.
16.Performs physical inventory counts.
17.Maintains the orderliness of stock rooms, floors, bins and supply yards by sweeping, cleaning, raking and/or shoveling.
Ability to read and write English and to understand and follow written and oral instructions; proof of high school graduation or G.E.D required.
1) Written Examination: Min 32.5% - Max: 50%2) Training, Experience, Personal Qualifications: Min: 32.5% - Max: 50%3) Veteran's Preference: 0-15 points4) Domicile Credit: 0-15 pointsTotal: Min: 65% - Max: 100%