**TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT**EXAM NUMBER
TRHS5107-01 VACANCY INFORMATION:
Nursing Century Regional Detention Facility (CRDF)
Nursing Inmate Reception Center (IRC)
Nursing Men's Central Jail (MCJ)
Nursing Pitchess (PDC)
Nursing Twin Towers (TTCF)
Essential Job Functions
- Makes rounds in patient areas and cells to observe and reports condition of inmate patients to designated register nurse personnel, participates in multidisciplinary/team based care.
- Obtains medical information, observes visible signs of patient condition and reports these observations to the designated Registered Nurse.
- Performs direct patient care, i.e., obtains vital signs; applies dressing; administers hand held nebulizer breathing treatment; administers medication including topical, oral, and/or by injection.
- Active chart review for coordinating of care.
- Assists in emergency situations under the close supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Performs other assignments as needed.
- Acute care experience within past 12 months as a Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Correctional experience within past 12 months as a Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Excellent computer literacy skills
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work various areas of patient care
Interested applicants MUST
be permanent County of Los Angeles employees who have successfully completed their initial probationary period and currently hold the payroll title of Nursing Assistant, Sheriff.APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY.Candidates interested in transferring should email the following documents:
(1) Resume, detailing relevant experience
(2) Copies of last two (2)performance evaluations,
(3) Prime Variance time history report for thelast two (2) years
All submitted documents will be evaluated. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by the hiring manager for an interview. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and review of personnel records.If you are unable to submit the required documents online, you may email your information to:DEPARTMENT CONTACT:
DHS - HR Division - Recruitment and Examinations
Phone: (323) 914-7524
Closing Date/Time: Continuous