Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates the activities of a janitorial crew.
- Participates in the interview and performance evaluation of staff.
- Observes the staff performance and may provide training on safety, product and equipment uses.
- Handles work requests for the County departments.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Conducts major cleaning of assigned facilities.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Notify managers concerning the need for repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Polishes metal work.
- Cleans and maintains furnishings by cleaning, dusting and polishing furniture, woodwork, metal work and cabinets.
- Empties and cleans waste receptacles.
- Cleans stairways, hallways, rest rooms, offices, lobbies, ceilings, walls, window shades, light fixtures, interior glass partitions and venetian blinds.
- Assists in moving and arranging furniture and equipment.
- Turns out lights and locks doors and windows.
- Checks and maintains operational condition of cleaning equipment.
- Operates scrubbers, buffers, waxers, and other equipment and machinery.
- Replaces light bulbs and tubes.
- Requisitions supplies as needed.
- Regulates building temperature.
- May operate County vehicles to deliver and pick up supplies, equipment and other items as assigned.
Two (2) years of experience equivalent to that of a Janitor in Merced County.License:
Possess a valid California driver's license at time of appointment and maintain.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous