This is a continuous recruitment for an applicant pool to fill part-time/seasonal Preschool Program Instructor vacancies on an as needed basis. The City will refer to the pool of part-time applications on file, as needed, to fill vacancies. Applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position will remain in the pool for 12 months.
Under general supervision, assists in planning, organizing, coordinating, and implementing the instructional and non-instructional services and activities provided under the City's state licensed preschool programs; and performs related duties as assigned.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description. The City of Henderson offers two state-licensed preschool programs at the Valley View Recreation Center. ABC ETC. is a half-day preschool designed for children 3-5 years of age, and Little Learners is full-day preschool designed for children 4-5 years of age.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Must be 18 years old at the time of application
- High school diploma or equivalent at the time of application or promotion
- Two (2) years of experience working in a childcare center or licensed preschool
- Note: An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered
- Must successfully complete the following Nevada Registry initial training courses within the first 90 days of hire:
- American Red Cross Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation/First Aid Certification
- Signs & Symptoms of Illness
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect
- Human Growth & Development or Positive Guidance
Must complete continuing Child Wellness training as required by the Nevada Registry and/or the City Must apply to become a member of The Nevada Registry within 90 days of hire, which must be renewed annually. Current members must supply proof of valid membership upon hire Desirable: Associate's Degree in Child Development, Education, Early Childhood or closely related field Incumbent may be required to obtain additional certifications, complete in-service training and/or continuing education as required and as a condition of continued employment, and may be at the expense of the incumbentREQUIRED DOCUMENTS/ASSESSMENT INFORMATIONDocuments Required at the Time of Application:
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental QuestionnaireSELECTION PROCESSNOTE: You will be contacted by e-mail if you are moving forward in the assessment process. Once you apply, almost all communication regarding the status of your application will be by email, so please add noreply @governmentjobs.com and email@example.com to your address book to prevent any emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account and click "Application Status". It is not necessary to contact the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application.
The selection process will consist of an employment application package screening. The best qualified candidates may be invited to participate further in the assessment process. It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.