The City of Henderson is seeking part-time Program Assistants for our Therapeutic Recreation programs. Program Assistant is an entry level position that provides assistance in our therapeutic recreation programs offered at three Henderson recreation facilities for individuals with disabilities. On The Go is a community-based recreation program for adults of varying abilities ages 22 & up (or those who have graduated from high school) wishing to meet new friends through recreation and independent living activities. Rec & Roll is an afternoon
recreation program for young adults with disabilities in grades 9-12 (or up to 21 years of age). It provides opportunities for young adults to explore their recreational interests in a structured environment as well as develop the skills needed for independence.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description.
Therapeutic Recreation is an excellent way to gain new experiences and to build expertise for individuals working towards careers in teaching, special education, physical therapy, psychology or other therapeutic occupations. The shift is usually 1:30-5:30pm and the schedule follows the Clark County School District's 9-month calendar. In the summer months, the staff will serve as extra staff in Kids Zone groups that have kids with disabilities. Therapeutic Recreation & Inclusion services also offers evening and weekend events.
This is a continuous recruitment for an applicant pool to fill part-time/seasonal Program Assistant vacancies on an as needed basis. The City will refer to the pool of part-time applications on file, as needed, to fill vacancies. Applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position will remain in the pool for 12 months. Positions can be assigned to Henderson Multigenerational Center, Valley View Recreation Center and Whitney Ranch Recreation Center. Work locations and assignments are subject to change based on program needs.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/ASSESSMENT INFORMATIONDocuments Required at the Time of Application:
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Any combination of education and work experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for satisfactory job performance. Example: Previous work experience or volunteer experience in areas related to position.
- Possession of or the ability to obtain, American Red Cross Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR certifications within six (6) months of hire.
- Incumbents may be required to obtain specific technical certifications.
- Desirable: Experience working in programs for individuals with disabilities and special needs.
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental QuestionnaireSELECTION PROCESSNOTE: You will be contacted by e-mail if you are moving forward in the assessment process. Once you apply, almost all communication regarding the status of your application will be by email, so please add noreply @governmentjobs.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to prevent any emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account and click "Application Status". It is not necessary to contact the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application.
The selection process will consist of an employment application package screening. The best qualified candidates may be invited to participate further in the assessment process. It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.