San Mateo County Health is seeking qualified individuals for the position ofCorrectional Health Psychiatric Social Worker/Marriage & Family Therapist I/II-Extra Help. There arecurrently multiple extra help vacanciesin Correctional Health Services. These positions work in the Maguire CorrectionalFacility and the Maple Street Correctional Center, both located inRedwood City. Positions include weekend and evening shifts.
These PSW/MFT positionsprovide clinical mental healthservices and substance abuse services toinmates with mental illness, serious mental illness,chemical dependencyor co-occurring disorders;provide case management services; provide discharge planning;interviews inmate patients toassess mental healthneeds and formulates treatment plans; exercise good judgment and tact when interacting with inmate patients and other service providers; relate and communicate effectively with inmate patients and others from the diverse multi-cultural community served; function as a team member in a multi-disciplinary work setting; work independently and as a team member; and collaborate with Sheriff's Office staff to manage inmate patients' daily activities. Will work with various professionals involved with the court system, including probation officers, attorneys, case managers and other treatment providers, and develop treatment plans for seriously mentally ill inmates. Some positions require weekend and evening hours.
The ideal candidates
- A license as either a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist;
- Experience working in a correctional facility;
- Experience providing case management services for an inmate population;
- Demonstrated ability inproviding clinical mental health services to an adult population with serious mental illness or co-occurring disorders of seriousmental illness and chemical dependency; and
- Working with a diverse multi-disciplinary team and inmate population.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required.
PSW/MFT I: $33.27 - $41.59/hour
PSW/MFT II: $37.32 - $46.65/hourNOTE:
This is an extra-help, at-will assignment, paid on an hourly basis.Some extra help positions are eligible for benefitsundertheAffordable Care Act. Extra help employees are not guaranteed permanent status at the end of the assignment.
Qualifications Security Clearance :
This position requires that the applicant obtain and maintain a security clearance as a condition of employment. Licensure/Certification:
PSW I -
current California registration as an Associate Clinical Social Worker (ASW).MFT I -
current California registration as an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (AMF).PSW-II -
current California license as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).MFT II -
current California license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
If you are interested in being considered for an extra help position the following must be submitted via e-mail
- Copy of valid Registration or License issued by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Responses to supplemental questions
Please include the words "Correctional Health Psychiatric Social Worker/Marriage & Family Therapist-Extra Help Position" in the subject line
of email submission.All submitted materials must be in a Word or PDF format
. Please submit theabove listedmaterials via email to:Tung Tran, Supervising Mental Health Clinicianttran@smcgov.orgSubmit responses to these Supplemental Questions:
Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Apply immediately. Application materials will be accepted until positions are filled. This posting is open on a continuous basis and selection may be made at any time within the process.NOTE: Application materials areonly accepted via e-mail.
- Describe your experience working with seriously mentally ill adult patients, including assessment, counseling and/or therapy services. Specifically cite any experience working with inmates in a correctional facility.
- Describe your experience providing case management services working with seriously mentally ill adult clients. Specifically cite any experience working with inmates in a correctional facility.
- Describe your experience working with adult clients with the co-occurring disorders of mental illness and chemical dependency. Include a description of your efforts to encourage recovery services for them.
Materials sent via regular mail and/or fax will not be accepted. Submittals that do not include all required elements ( Copy of valid registration or license issued by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences, responses to supplemental questions andresume) will not be considered.The County of San Mateo is a diverse, inclusive workplace, where employees are valued and respected for their different perspectives, experiences, backgrounds, and contributions.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.