Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
We are looking for a professional Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse who can deliver primary medical care to a wide variety of patients. As an Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse you will be Providing direct clinical care of clients, including ordering of lab tests, counseling of patients, developing treatment plans and prescribing medication within the scope of their education and certification of the collaborative agreement with their collaborating physician as assigned at one or more clinical facilities in the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center.
Location: 2400 Belvidere Road, Waukegan, IL
Skills and Experience:
- C ollaborative agreement with appropriate physician, if not certified for independent practice in Illinois
- Evaluates clients regarding their need for psychotropic medication and prescribes medication when appropriate.
- Performs psychiatric evaluations, as requested by other staff members, for purposes of diagnosis and for treatment planning.
- Consults with staff regarding clients not necessarily seen directly by the psychiatrist. This will include, but is not limited to, cases in which psychiatric supervision is necessary for insurance purposes.
- Conducts crisis intervention/evaluation/referral to persons who present themselves at the program.
- Responds to inquiries, gives appropriate information and referrals, and documents, if necessary.
- Provides direct services to clients including individual and group treatment.
- Focuses on client empowerment in providing treatment, seeking to assist clients to build on strengths in addressing treatment needs.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment goals and referrals both internally and externally.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
- Takes responsibility for training in and documenting clinical chart requirements to meet program and state standards.
- Must meet minimum productivity expectations.
- Maintains an awareness of and professional involvement/collaboration with community resources.
- Upon request, provide teaching, supervising and/or precepting for students and residents as needed in support of Community Health Center objectives and in accordance with requirements set forth in agreements with educational institutions.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Graduation prior to start date from a Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Nursing from a PMHNP program accredited by either the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the Accreditation Commission on Education for Nursing (ACEN)
Certification and Licensure
- Initial and continuing certification as a PMHNP by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or other national certifying body as required by state law.
- Current active and unrestricted license from the State of Illinois as an Advanced Practice Nurse; or a letter from the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation stating that the application for licensure endorsement has been approved, with receipt of Illinois license following within six months of initial application date for endorsement
- Current active and unrestricted Controlled Substance Registration (CSR) from the State of Illinois
- Registration with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- Collaborative Agreement with a Psychiatrist, or certificate for independent practice in Illinois
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program.
Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us. To learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.