Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Independent application of the nursing process, comprehensive case management services to clients (individuals and/or families) in the home and a variety of community settings. Participates in orientation, program development, community assessment, and quality assurance/improvement.
Location: 3010 Grand Avenue, Waukegan IL
Hours: Monday - Friday (8:30am - 4:30pm) *Occasional some Saturdays*
Skills and Experience
- Participates in on-going assessment of health needs of population and individuals, and develops plans with clients and other health professionals to meet identified needs.
- Implements outcome oriented nursing process (assessment of community, family, client health needs, formulates goals with client, develops, implements, and evaluates care plan and client’s progress) for clients in assigned geographic area or clinics.
- Confers with other members of multidisciplinary health care team, community services and organizations to develop and modify care plans for clients.
- Effectively manages assigned caseload, including timely and appropriate contact with clients and provision of needed interventions.
- Maintains complete timely, accurate, and concise documentation of nursing interventions and outcomes. Compiles interagency/intra-agency reports as required.
- Maintains current knowledge in maternal, child and adolescent health trends, issues and applies it to practice.
- Participates in clinical case conferences, staff meetings, in-services, committees, and orientation of staff and students, as appropriate.
- Provides health education in clinic settings or community groups and interprets Health Department services as appropriate.
- Serves as a resource to other staff, health care providers and the community in the management of multidisciplinary situations related to public health issues.
- Directs and monitors ancillary staff activities and assigned duties.
- Interprets for staff and client families if bilingual.
Program Specific Functions
- To perform community assessment and to participate in developing or improving programs to meet identified needs.
- To independently perform physical and psychosocial assessment of individuals and/or families.
- To independently implement nursing process and evaluate outcome of interventions.
- To independently adapt nursing care to unique and differing environments with consideration to individual’s and family’s spiritual and cultural perspectives.
- To organize day-to-day activities and responsibilities in a cost effective manner.
- To problem solve and act independently in a crisis and/or a complex and unfamiliar situation.
- To communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Requires a Bachelor’s of Science degree in nursing or an Associate Degree in Nursing with recent OB or pediatric nursing experience
- Experience: One year of recent experience as a registered nurse in an acute care setting or a public health agency
- Licensure: Current Illinois licensure as a registered professional nurse or Illinois license by reciprocity within six months of the initial date of employment; valid driver’s license
- Requires access to privately owned and insured vehicle during working hours
- Maintain CPR certification
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
To learn more about the department you will be working for, please visit the Public Health Nursing/Family Case Management information page. If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.