Introduction THIS IS A NEW CONTINUOUS EXAMINATION
. The eligible list resulting from this examination will cancel any existing list and may last approximately one year but can be extended.This examination may be reopened as necessary and the names of additional candidates merged onto the existing list according to examination score.APPLY IMMEDIATELY AS THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME
be in the possession of the Human Resource Services Department by 5:00 p.m. on the Last Day for Filing. Applications will only be accepted on-line. Supplemental Questionnaire
: A properly completed Supplemental Questionnaire must be submitted with each application. Applications and Supplemental Questionnaires must be in the possession of the Human Resource Services Department by 5:00 p.m. on the Last Day for Filing. Failure to submit the Application or Supplemental Questionnaire will result in disqualification.
DESCRIPTION HEALTH CARE SERVICES AGENCY
Alameda County's Health Services Program is administered by the Health Care Services Agency and includes the following program areas: Behavioral Health Care Services, Public Health, Environmental Health Services, and Office of the Agency Director. The ultimate mission of the Health Care Services Agency is to provide fully integrated health care services through a comprehensive network of public and private partnerships that ensure optimal health and well-being and respect the diversity of all residents. PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Alameda County Public Health Department has worked for over 80 years to improve the health and safety of its residents and the neighborhoods they live in. Traditional public health concerns such as disease outbreaks, environmental hazards and access to health care have been joined by contemporary concerns: bioterrorism, crime, violence, and substance abuse. Each of these poses a threat to public health and wellness and calls for short and long-term solutions that lie well outside traditional public health boundaries. For more information about our Alameda County Public Health Department, please visit the Alameda County Public Health Department Website and latest Annual Budget document found on www.acgov.org THE POSITION
Pediatric Occupational Therapistsprovide occupational therapy services in public schools for the physical treatment of children with physical disabilities; advise parents or caregivers on home treatment and care; and perform related work as required.
To access the classification specification click here
. THE VACANCY
There is currently one vacancy located in the Public Health Department, under the Family Health Services Division, California Children's Services Medical Therapy Program (MTP), however the eligible list resulting from this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies in other programmatic areas. MEDICAL THERAPY PROGRAM (MTP)
The CCS Medical Therapy Program (MTP) is a statewide program that provides occupational and physical therapy to children with certain medical conditions and works withchildren and their familiesto create individual goals and therapy plans to work towards those goals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Special Requirement:
Eligibility for, or possession of, a valid certificate to practice as a licensed Occupational Therapists from the California Board of Occupational Therapy. And Education:
Completion of an accredited course in Occupational Therapy.
NOTE: The Civil Service Commission may modify the above Minimum Qualifications in the announcement of an examination.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS The most suitably qualified candidates will possess the following competencies: Knowledge of:
• Principles, methods, equipment and the basic theory of physical rehabilitation involved in the modern practice of occupational therapy, especially as applied to children with physical disabilities.
• Anatomy and physiology of the skeletal, muscular, neural and other structures and the pathologies and injuries which result in physical disabilities.
• Equipment and methods used to evaluate and mitigate such handicaps.
• Principles of psychology and abnormal psychology, especially as they related to the application of occupational therapy in Medical Therapy Program.
• Arts and crafts, recreational activities, physical training, therapeutic devices and other means which are used to effect rehabilitation through a program of occupational therapy.
• Growth and development of children in general and children with physical disabilities in particular. Ability to:
• Understand and follow physician's prescriptions and other technical instructions.
• Instruct and gain the confidence and cooperation of clients and their families in the program .
• Explain the procedures used to personnel of other departments, to relatives and to others as may be required to achieve cooperation and coordination of the rehabilitation effort.
• Devise, improve and develop equipment and techniques as required.
• Keep accurate records, case histories and make complete meaningful reports.
• Instruct parents/caregivers and school personnel in home/school programs.
The examination will consist of the following steps: 1. A review of candidates' applications and supplemental questionnaires to verify possession of the minimum qualifications. 2. Those candidates who possess the minimum qualifications for the class will be placed on the eligible list based on an evaluation of education, training, and experience. CANDIDATES MUST ATTAIN A QUALIFYING RATING ON EACH PORTION OF THIS EXAMINATION. We reserve the right to make changes to the announced examination components.
Alameda County utilizes a Civil Service Selection System founded on merit. Such a system is competitive and based on broad recruitment efforts and equal opportunity for qualified applicants to test in an examination process designed to determine the qualifications, fitness and ability of competitors to perform duties of the vacant position. Many of our recruitments are targeted and specific to the needs of a current vacant position, in which case, the eligible list may be exclusively used for that current vacant position. Other recruitments may be more broadly used for both current and future vacancies, or for other alternate jobs with comparable scopes of work.
To learn more about our recruitment and selection process, please visit the "What You Need to Know" section of our website, www.acgov.org/hrs
Selection Plan THIS IS A CONTINUOUS, ACCELERATED EXAMINATION
: The examination consists of an on-going review of candidates' applications and supplemental questionnaires to verify possession of minimum qualifications.Those candidates who possess the minimum qualifications for the class will be placed on the eligible list based on an evaluation of education, training, and experience. The eligible list resulting from this recruitment and selection process may be used to fill future vacancies which may arise within the next year for this and other County Departments; this examination will cancel any existing list and may last approximately one year, but can be extended. This examination may be reopened as necessary and the names of additional candidates merged onto the existing list according to examination score.
Alameda County offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that affords wide-ranging health care options to meet the different needs of a diverse workforce and their families. We also sponsor many different employee discount, fitness and health screening programs focused on overall well being. These benefits include but are not limited to*: For your Health & Well-Being
For your Financial Future
- Medical - HMO & PPO Plans
- Dental - HMO & PPO Plans
- Vision or Vision Reimbursement
- Share the Savings
- Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance (with optional dependent coverage for eligible employees)
- County Allowance Credit
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Health FSA, Dependent Care and Adoption Assistance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits - Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Legal Services
- Employee Assistance Program
For your Work/Life Balance
- Retirement Plan - (Defined Benefit Pension Plan)
- Deferred Compensation Plan (457 Plan or Roth Plan)
- 11 paid holidays
- Floating Holidays
- Vacation and sick leave accrual
- Vacation purchase program
- Catastrophic Sick Leave
- Employee Mortgage Loan Program
- Group Auto/Home Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Guaranteed Ride Home
- Employee Wellness Program (e.g. At Work Fitness, Incentive Based Programs, Gym Membership Discounts)
- Employee Discount Program (e.g. theme parks, cell phone, etc.)
- Child Care Resources
- 1 st United Services Credit Union
*Eligibility is determined by Alameda County and offerings may vary by collective bargaining agreement. This provides a brief summary of the benefits offered and can be subject to change.
All notices related to County recruitments for which you have applied will be sent/delivered via email. Please add @acgov.org
as accepted addresses to any email blocking or spam filtering program you may use. If you do not do this, your email blocking or spam filtering program may block receipt of the notices regarding your application for recruitments. You are also strongly advised to regularly log into your County of Alameda online application account to check for notices that may have been sent to you. All email notices that will be sent to you will also be kept in your personal online application account. You will be able to view all of your notices in your online application account by clicking on the "My applications" button on the Current Job Openings page. Please take the steps recommended above to ensure you do not miss any notices about a recruitment for which you have applied. The County of Alameda is not responsible for notices that are not read, received or accessed by any applicant for a County recruitment.
NOTE: All notices are generated through an automated email notification system. Replies to the email box alamedacountyHR@acgov.org
are routed to an unmonitored mailbox. All notices are generated through an automated email notification system. Replies to the email box are routed to an unmonitored mailbox. If you have questions please go to our website at www.acgov.org/hrs. You may also contact the Human Resources Analyst listed on the job announcement for the recruitment for which you have applied.
Amanda Hui, Human Resources Technician
Human Resource Services, County of Alameda
Alameda County is an Equal Opportunity EmployerClosing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.