The City of Taylor is seeking candidates to serve as the City of Taylor's Summer Camp Supervisor for the Taylor Recreation Center. The Summer Camp Supervisor oversees and manages summer camp staff, creates and organizes games and activities for children, as well as maintains and monitors a clean, safe environment. The supervisor reports directly to the Parks and Recreation Manager. POSITION SUMMARY:
Supervision and organization of the operations and programs, display excellent customer service, coach and develop staff members while providing performance feedback, ensure building cleanliness, as well as implement and oversee all safety policies and procedures. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(Key Tasks and Responsibilities; other duties may be assigned by the Parks and Recreation Manager and/or designee)
- Assist with scheduling and supervision of employees
- Supervise all programs while on duty
- Answer/return phone calls
- Assist in a programming and advertising strategy to enhance operations
- Ensure staff are providing excellent customer service
- Implement and organize fun and entertaining activities and games for children ages 5-12 years old.
- Monitor and interact with children to maintain a safe and healthy environment with respect to the toys, other children, and surroundings.
- Clean and maintain the Child Center area by following the cleaning checklist and performing assigned tasks throughout the day.
- Exhibit outstanding customer service by developing positive relationships with our campers and their families.
- Responsible for providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for children to play and learn so parents can feel comfortable leaving their children.
- Be responsible for all campers and staff during the weekly field trip outings.
: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to stand and maintain a suitable energy for period up to (6) hours in length and withstand long walks for weekly field trips.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach, and squat frequently to participate and conduct activities with the camp children during camp hours as well as properly clean and maintain the Child Center area.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to camp children, employees, and camp families.
- Must be able to work the hours necessary to operate and manage the day to day program and to accomplish the daily and weekly required tasks. Required to work early mornings and evening hours as needed.
- Must be able to work efficiently in outdoor environments and extreme temperatures.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience supervising staff
- Experience facilitating youth programs
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, field trip guidelines, procedure manuals, and staff instructions
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively with staff members, parents, and children
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication
- Ability to calculate figures and amount such as fees and balances
- Ability to read and manage customer account balances
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions presented in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
The City of Taylor is an Equal Opportunity Employer