The Position This recruitment has been extended one month and will remain open until April 15th @ 11:59PM. The first review period will be for applications received from March 4th-March 18th @ 11:59PM.
The LAST application review period will be from March 19th-April 15th @ 11:59PMThe City of Portland is hiring!About the position:
The Engineering Technicians II for the City of Portland perform specialized support on technical assignments of moderate to advanced difficulty applying scientific and technical knowledge and using independent judgment in the areas of engineering, construction and/or permit processing.Duties may include:
Current vacancies exist withinthe Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) and the Portland Water Bureau (PWB). These bureaus and Bureau of Environmental Services (BES) & Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) may use this list to fill future vacancies as well. See below for additional Information on bureau specific positions.
- Plan review, research, technical writing, map reading, and data queries
- Field inspections
- Computer operation including use of sophisticated database and mapping tools, and drafting
- Explaining policies and procedures to the public to achieve understanding, cooperation and compliance with codes.
- Producing avariety of technical materials, correspondence, documents, plans, drawings, specification, cost estimates and project schedules and ensure quality control and compliance with applicable regulations, standards and policies of a variety of projects and processes.
This classification is represented by Professional and Technical Employees Local 17. To view, this labor agreement, please go tohttps://www.portlandoregon.gov/bhr/27840
and click on the appropriate link.
=======================================================================Why work at the City of Portland?
The City of Portland is committed to offering medical, dental, vision, basic life, and long term disability coverage that provides quality care, support and value to eligible employees and their family members. Additional benefits such as flexible spending accounts, supplemental life insurance and employee assistance program coverage is available to ensure employees have the appropriate tools to safeguard themselves and their family.To Qualify The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
- Experience with engineering terminology, procedures and basic principles.
- Knowledge of construction management and project/task management such as: specialized data gathering and research techniques,records research, cost estimating techniques, project tracking, process improvement, and documentation.
- Experience reading and interpreting various technical documentssuch as:technical reports, maps, permit records, architecturaland engineering drawings, construction plans, specifications, and other technical material.
- Ability to operate a computer and use a variety of programs and maintain technical files both electronic and manual
- Ability and/or experience providing support to the project teams, customer service to internal and external stakeholders while providing knowledgeable, technical guidance and advice.
- Abilityto conduct field investigations and inspections collect field data and samples and analyze and make recommendations regarding data and sampling results
- Abilityto direct activities of staff and contract personnel involved in assigned projects
Applicants must also possess:
The Recruitment Process
- A valid state driver's license and an acceptable driving record at the time of hire.
An evaluation of each applicant's training and experience, as demonstrated in their resume and answers to supplemental questions, weighted 100%. Do not attach materials not requested.
Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be placed on the equally ranked eligible list. You have 14 days from the notice of the examination results to let us know if you disagree with your results. Please read the City of Portland Administrative Rule 3.01 for complete information. Additional evaluation may be required prior to establishment of the eligible list and/or final selection.First Review-Tentative Timeline:Job Closes: 3/18
Minimum Qualification Review: 3/18-3/22
Eligible List Established: Week of 3/25
Please note that multiple bureaus will be hiring off this same list. You may be contacted by different hiring managers. If you have any questions please contact the recruiter listed below. If you are invited for an interview you will be given a list of the job duties for that specific vacancy. Additional Information Applicant InstructionsApplicants must submit a professional resume online, specifically focused on your qualifications for this position as identified in the "To Qualify" section of this announcement in accordance with the following Application Instructions:
Your resumeand answers to the supplemental questions will be the basis for our evaluation of your qualifications for this position. Incomplete or inappropriate information may result in disqualification.
If you are requesting Veteran's Preference
- Your answers to the supplemental questions should include details describing your education, trainingand/or experience, and where obtained which clearly reflects yourqualifications for each of the numbered items in the "To Qualify" sectionof this announcement.
- Your resume should support the details described in your answers to the supplemental questions.
- Ifyou are requesting Veteran's Preference, as identified below, please describein your answers any transferrable skills obtained during your militaryservice and how they relate to each of the required minimum qualificationsunder the "To Qualify" section above.
- All completed applications for this position must be submitted no later thanthe closing date and time of this recruitment. E-mailed and/or faxed applications will not be accepted .
, attach a copy of yourDD214/DD215and / or Veteran's Administration Letter stating your disability to your profile, as well as checking the box identifying yourself as a Veteran. You must request Veteran's Preference AND include a copy of your documentation for each recruitment you apply for. Veteran's Preference documentation must be submitted no later than the closing date and time of this recruitment
Non-citizen applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at time of application.
It is the policy of the City of Portland that no person shall be discriminated against based on race, religion, color, sex, marital status, family status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income. The City values diversity and encourages everyone who is interested in employment with the City to apply. If you wish to identify yourself as an individual with a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 and will be requesting accommodation, the requests must be made to the Analyst(s) named belowNo Later Than the Closing Date of This Announcement. Questions?
Bureau of Human Resources
503-823-3314 An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative ActionEmployer
Closing Date/Time: 4/15/2019 11:59 PM Pacific