***PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY***
SUMMER DAY CAMP PROGRAM DRIVER
Backyard Explorers Program and
All That and Then Some Program HIRING DEPARTMENT:
Parks & RecreationPROGRAMS
"Backyard Explorers" (Kindergarten - 5th Grade youth program)
"All That and Then Some" (11 - 14 year old youth program)WORK LOCATION
: Markham Nature Park, 3915 Cowell Road, Concord, CA and Willow Pass Community Center, 2748 East Olivera Road, Concord, CADATES:
Staff Training: week of June 3, 2019
Program Dates: June 10, 2019 - August 9, 2019, Tuesday through Friday onlyHOURS:
Vary between 7:00 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.SALARY RANGE:
$16.39 - $23.73 per hourFINAL FILING DATE:
Open Until Filled THE IDEAL CANDIDATE :
The Ideal Program Driver for the Summer Day Camps possesses the following skills:
- Experienced driving a 30 passenger bus with a valid class B license.
- To be able to safely transport youth and teens while providing superior, friendly customer service and superb customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, especially with parents, staff and vendors.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience working with children ranging in age from 5 to 14 years.
As the Program Driver you will: Implement safe and efficient operating of a vehicle carrying up to 30 passengers. Maintain and keep current Class B CDL with at least 30 passenger endorsement. Shuttle staff and campers from Concord camp location to various excursions and trips throughout the Bay Area.
In this position you will develop positive relationships with staff, participants, and parents by communicating to them professionally and respectfully; be an excellent role model and positive mentor for youth and teens; and be part of the Parks and Recreation team.
For additional program information, please visit www.cityofconcord.org . Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate with supervisor to receive and verify instructions.
- Report any delays.
- Implement safe and efficient operating of vehicle carrying up to 30 passengers.
- Conduct and log pre-trip and post-trip vehicle safety inspections.
- Safely and efficiently load and unload all passengers.
- Ensure that passengers are wearing their seat belts.
- Work cooperatively with program staff.
- Handle stressful situations calmly and professionally.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Maintain an impeccably clean vehicle.
- Accountable for use of a city issued procurement card.
- Complete monthly report to reconcile expenses for parking and other trip needs.
- Report participant, vehicle, or driver accidents/incidents in a timely manner, and accurately on the proper forms.
- Complete bi-weekly timecards in computerized system.
- Prompt and proper handling when vehicle maintenance issues arise.
Other: Other requirements
- This job is subject to DOJ random drug screening.
- Must possess a valid Class B CDL with Passenger Endorsement for at least 30 passengers.
- 1-3 years of commercial driving experience preferred.
- Must have a current Motor Vehicle Report that represents a history of safe and competent driving.
- Ability to push, pull, lift, bend/stoop, twist, squat, kneel for wheelchair loading, and sit for prolonged periods to drive.
- Must have wheelchair lift loading experience.
- Well-groomed appearance.
- Have a kind, helpful, and caring demeanor while working with and transporting staff, youth and teens.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work the maximum hours allowed under D.O.T. Hours of Service Regulations on various shifts/days of the week, while maintaining outstanding attendance.
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English sufficiently to converse with staff, campers and parents.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of good teaching practices and youth development.
- Possesses experience working with elementary and teen age youth.
- Possesses good organization and time-management skills.
- Must be at least age 21 or older and in good health; have, or be willing to obtain before start of program: Fingerprint clearance, TB clearance; and CPR, First Aid, AED certification. Must be available to participate in a mandatory Training Workshops select dates and times during the week of June 3rd. APPLICATION / SELECTION PROCEDURES:
To apply for this position go to, http://cityofconcord.org/ and click on Employment Opportunities. All applications and resumes will be reviewed in relation to the criteria outlined above. Only those candidates who best meet the qualifications will be invited to interview. Applicants will be notified of interview time and date.
For additional information, please contact:
Bruce Stanley, 925-671-3428 or email@example.com
Barbie Gary, 925-671-3327 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Continuous