Position InformationAre you a Physical Therapist with a passion for helping children?
Join the Medical Therapy Program (MTP) team!Starting salary up to $40.87*/Hour plus a cash allowance of $3.45/Hour
The County of Sonomaseeks candidates for a part-time (approximately 24 hours per week) Physical Therapist I - Children's Therapy Program position, which may be filled at the I or II level.If you are interested in applying at the II level, you will need to apply to the separate, concurrent recruitment being conducted.
Working at the County of Sonoma offers expansive opportunities for growth and development, the ability to be a part of a challenging and rewarding work environment, and the satisfaction of knowing you're working to better our communities. You can also look forward to excellent benefits* including:
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $425 for part-time and ongoing education/training opportunities
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- County paid premium contribution to several health plan options
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance every year thereafter, until reaching the top of the salary range
* Salary is negotiable within the established range. Benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. Additional information can be found in the Engineers and Scientists of California Union Local 20 Memorandum of Understanding (ESC MOU) . About the Position
This position provides skilled and professional physical therapy services to children from birth to age 21, who havephysical impairments that require a thorough evaluation and treatment plan to address functional limitations and who qualify for Medical Therapy Program services. The Physical Therapist provides family and caregiver education, and consults with community partners who share in the care of each child. The ideal candidate for this position will possess:
- Clinical experience working in an outpatient or acute care setting with children who have complex physical disabilities and chronic health conditions
- The ability to work in a fast-paced work environment that values collaborative problem-solving and treatment planning with other medical professionals
- Flexibility to work in a variety of locations
- Strong knowledge of principles and practices ofneurodevelopmentaltherapies and the World Health Organizations framework for measuring health and disability via the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and experience working with electronic health records and associated workflows
The employment list established from this recruitment may also be used to fill future part-time and extra-help positions as they occur during the active status of this list. County employees who wish to be considered for future positions should consider applying to this recruitment. APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS REQUIRE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE BE COMPLETED.Minimum QualificationsEducation
: Graduation from a school of physical therapy or other educational course approved by the California State Physical Therapy Examining Committee.License
: Possession of a valid license to practice physical therapy as required by Section 2650 of the California Business and Professions Code or eligibility to obtain the license by time of employment. Completion of a recognized internship in providing therapy to physically handicapped children is highly desired. Possession of a valid California driver's license is also required.Knowledge, Skills, and AbilitiesWorking knowledge of
: anatomy, physiology, neuro-muscular functions and dysfunctions, and kinesiology.Some knowledge of
: modern theory, principles and methods of physical therapy, especially as applied to physically handicapped children; the proper use and operation of modern physical therapy equipment and appliances; pathology and injuries which result in physical impairment; growth and development or normal and handicapped children; psychology and abnormal psychology.Ability to
: understand and interpret physicians' orders and to adapt treatment programs to individual circumstances; exercise tact and good judgment in dealing with patients, staff and the public; keep clinical case records; prepare and present oral and written reports; comply with common public health safety practices and procedures; cope with working with handicapped children and their families and to move children utilizing appropriate transfer technique.Selection Procedure & Some Helpful Tips When Applying
- Your application information and your responses to the supplemental questions are evaluated and taken into consideration throughout the entire selection process.
- You should list all employers and positions held within the last ten years in the work history section of your application and should be as thorough as possible when responding to the supplemental questions.
- You may include history beyond ten years if related to the position for which you are applying. If you held multiple positions with one employer, list out each position separately.
- Failure to follow these instructions may impact your competitiveness in this process or may result in disqualification.
Please visit Getting-a-Job with the County of Sonoma to review more detailed information about the hiring process, including the application process, examination steps, and department selection process.APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS REQUIRE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE BE COMPLETED.Responses to supplemental questions will be used in assessing minimum qualifications. Please provide specific and detailed responses of a reasonable length to allow for thorough assessment of your qualifications. Responses which state "See Resume" or "See Application" may be considered insufficient.
The selection procedure will consist of the following examination:
AnApplication & Supplemental Questionnaire Appraisal Examination (Weight 100%)
. Each application and supplemental questionnaire will be thoroughly evaluated for satisfaction of minimum qualifications and relevance of educational coursework, training, experience, knowledge, and abilities that relate to this position. Candidates possessing the most appropriate job-related qualifications will be placed on an employment list and referred to the department for selection interviews. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
A background investigation is required prior to employment. Candidates referred to departments for a selection interview are typically required to sign authorization and release forms enabling such an investigation. Failure to sign prescribed forms will result in the candidate not being considered further for that vacancy. Reference information will not be made available to applicants.
Additional requirements, such as successful completion of a physical exam, drug screen, etc., may apply, depending on the duties and responsibilities of the position. If you receive a conditional job offer for the position, the requirements upon which the offer are contingent will be outlined in the conditional job letter. You may also review the Job Classification Screening Schedule to determine the requirements for this position. HOW TO APPLY
Applications are accepted on-line at: www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org . Paper applications may be submitted by person, fax (707-565-3770), email, or through the mail. All applications and appropriate supplemental information as outlined in the job bulletin must be RECEIVED by the time and date specified on the first page of this job announcement. Applications received after the recruitment closes will not be accepted. Continuousrecruitmentsmay close without notice at any time that a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received. Applications received after the recruitment closes will not be accepted.
The County of Sonoma prioritizes and is committed to continuously providing a workplace where equal employment opportunity is afforded to all people.Please view the County's Equal Employment Opportunity Policy for further information.
HR Analyst: DP
HR Technician: AC